Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff slider with yoke protection

Does anyone know who might make one for a CJ? I'm looking for the CJ Dana 30 front and AMC 20 rear. I see Nth degree makes one for a TJ front, but I think the TJ Dana 30 is different than mine.

Thanks

Steve,

Try Rock-it sliders. That's what I have on my front Dana 30 and it has taken a lot of slams and scrapes.

Mitch

Comment

From the pics of those, they don't look as though they would protect the yoke. Do they?

I don't think they'd be too hard to fab up. I might just try to make my own, since I have access to a plasma cutter and welder.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
        From the pics of those, they don't look as though they would protect the yoke. Do they?

I don't think they'd be too hard to fab up. I might just try to make my own, since I have access to a plasma cutter and welder.

Thanks for the info.
        They don't cover the yoke. I looked for the same thing your looking for with not much luck. I'm going to fab my own....some day
        Check out .

Comment

Steve,

The Rock-it Front diff slider doe's not protect the yoke. But with my High Pinion diff to yoke is up out of the way. The slider does cover the diff front to back completely and has taken quite a beating lately without a hitch.

Mitch

Comment

Thanks for the photo's. Gives me ideas...

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
              Thanks for the photo's. Gives me ideas...
              Seriously A lot of this stuff seems like it'd be pretty simple to fab up if you had the right tools, and a bit of know-how.
              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Steve,

The Rock-it Front diff slider doe's not protect the yoke. But with my High Pinion diff to yoke is up out of the way. The slider does cover the diff front to back completely and has taken quite a beating lately without a hitch.

Mitch
                Mitch, don't you have one in the rear that covers the yoke? I would like to see pictures of that.
                Check out .

Comment

Chuck,

This is the rear Dana 35 slider that Ken (thejeepguyonline.com) made for me. It covers the yoke and is well braced and mounted tight and firm. This has taken some hard hits and just keeps sliding over the rocks.

Mitch

Comment

Chuck,

This is the rear Dana 35 slider that Ken (thejeepguyonline.com) made for me. It covers the yoke and is well braced and mounted tight and firm. This has taken some hard hits and just keeps sliding over the rocks.

Mitch

That's the one that I'm going to make. :thumbs_up
                    Check out .

Comment

I like that. I was thinking of making 1" dia. holes, cut 1/2 or 1" sections of a 1" diameter pipe, and recessing the ends of the u-bolts...however, yours is flipped...kinda wondering how.

Comment

Steve, found this at Rock-It Parts..$99...http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...ROCK-IT+PARTS#
                        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Thanks Geebo! Unfortunately, they don't protect the yoke. I could always buy that, and weld on an extension to protect the yoke.

I'll probably run over to Industrial Metal Supply (in Sun Valley)on Monday to look at steel prices. Wanna go?

Comment

Oh you skilled fabricator guys. I wish I could do that kind of stuff. At least I keep the mechanic happy! Take pictures.

Mitch

Comment

Oh you skilled fabricator guys.

uh, no.

I have a friend with a plasma cutter and a welder, and he works for cheap!

Comment

Working...
                              X