Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
    Beer and wrenching isn't necesarily a very good combination. Good luck on the lift install, after today I might have an adjustable currie rear trackbar for ya
    Of course, we save the beer for the road trip home! jk!

I doubt Geebo's even old enough to buy us that beer anyhow.

Comment

Beer and wrenching isn't necesarily a very good combination. Good luck on the lift install, after today I might have an adjustable currie rear trackbar for ya
      thanks dad!!
      j/k
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
        whoa, wait a minute. I've helped Geebo with some wrenching, and I never got a beer! What gives dude!?

I'll always be there to help with the wrenching Geebo!
        Sounds like He drank it allready lol! haha

Comment

Beer and wrenching isn't necesarily a very good combination.

I totally disagree . . . Beer and Wrenching is the perfect combo. I wouldn't recommend whiskey and wrenching, but the beer helps loosen up the joints so crawling around under the Jeep on the concrete doesn't hurt so bad and it's nice and refreshing, especially on a hot day. I never drank much beer until I started Jeeping . . . I was always a hard liquor guy, but there really is something about Beer and Wrenching that's just magic. We're not the chug it til you're falling down or acting the fool crowd though!
          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

beer is also called liquid wrench
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Thanks AW12345, but it,ll be a couple of weeks before I,m ready to start on things I,ll keep ya,ll posted ,would like to do another run first so ya,ll can look at my jeep and give me some idea,s..and Steveo I,m not to young for a beer at my age a couple knocks me for a LOOP!! LoL..Geeb
              "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

I think I,m gonna go with the R.E. 3.5 lift and the currie control arms will I need a slip yoke and a CV driveshaft as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                  I think I,m gonna go with the R.E. 3.5 lift and the currie control arms will I need a slip yoke and a CV driveshaft as well?

You will, unless you want to drop the belly . . . I think you'd be better off with your current set up vs. a new lift and having to drop the belly. Are you looking to go bigger than 33's? Seeing that you're already clearing the 33's w/out any issues, why not look into lockers first? Lockers and some armor will get you thru more trails than a little more flex. Just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                    You will, unless you want to drop the belly . . . I think you'd be better off with your current set up vs. a new lift and having to drop the belly. Are you looking to go bigger than 33's? Seeing that you're already clearing the 33's w/out any issues, why not look into lockers first? Lockers and some armor will get you thru more trails than a little more flex. Just a thought!
                    That's exactly my thought.

Comment

do not drop the belly. that was the dumbest thing ever.

I am kinda confused. I thought you already had a 4 inch lift.
                      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

No Josh, 3 total but looks like a bit more.. And Joe I,m gonna stay with 33,s and I do clear most stuff if I take it easy as(always), cause I drive it home usally,good thoughts how about 1 locker for now and some armor..Thanks,Geeb

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                          No Josh, 3 total but looks like a bit more.. And Joe I,m gonna stay with 33,s and I do clear most stuff if I take it easy as(always), cause I drive it home usally,good thoughts how about 1 locker for now and some armor..Thanks,Geeb
                          Having a locker is a big confidence booster . . . you don't use it all that often, but when you see the guy in front of you struggling and you are next, it sure is nice to have that little button!!!

Comment

Is beer and wrenching kinda like "the girls all get prettier at closing time"??
                            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                            MJR moderator
                            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                            X