Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HuH? Need advice/opinions on lifts

Hey there I,m looking tho get a new lift probably a short arm 3.5 and I need opinon,s and or advice,Thanks ahead of time I now have 2 inch springs and a 1 inch body lift...Geeb
    Last edited by JeepGal; 12-05-08, 10:05 AM.
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

If I recall, you're running 33's . . . and I'd always heard that your current set up would be fine . . . are you having issues with rubbing or sagging or something now? Give us some details on what you're trying to accomplish. Depending on what you're looking to do, a few of us might have some parts to contribute to the cause!

***Maybe the problem is those 2 inch springs you've got . . . that can't be good
    Last edited by Schmo; 12-05-08, 08:54 AM.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Joe they seem fine I have no problems at all with the Jeep..(Knock wood) I have BDS springs by the way..Geeb

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
        Joe they seem fine I have no problems at all with the Jeep..(Knock wood) I have BDS springs by the way..Geeb
        I was just joking about the springs . . . the springs should be a little longer than 2"! :wink:

So are you looking to run bigger tires or want to get rid of the body lift or something? Not sure what your plan is, but if I had to do it over again, I'd avoid all of the all in one kits and piece the lift together using components from several different companies . . . it would be a little pricey up front, but better in the long run. For a short arm, I'd go with all 8 control arms from Currie, Rubicon Express springs, Bilstin shocks, JKS or Currie trackbars, JKS discos, and then the misc stuff like bumpstops, extended sway bar links, etc from some cheapo company on ebay.
        Last edited by Schmo; 12-05-08, 04:57 PM.

Comment

That would be the way to do it. buy the bargain RE 3.5" lift kit and all the curry control arms and trackbars will make a nice lift

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            That would be the way to do it. buy the bargain RE 3.5" lift kit and all the curry control arms and trackbars will make a nice lift
            Art's idea is even better . . . with the RE 3.5 bargain kit you'll get all the bumpstops, extensions and what not so you don't have to piece all the small stuff together and seeing that it doesn't come with the other stuff like control arms you won't be wasting money on stuff you won't be using.

Comment

That sounds like a plan ..And if I recall doesn,t that kit R.E. go for about 600.00? And as some of ya know I ain,t real mechaniclly inclined in fact can,t spell it..LOL..Thanks ,Geeb

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                That sounds like a plan ..And if I recall doesn,t that kit R.E. go for about 600.00? And as some of ya know I ain,t real mechaniclly inclined in fact can,t spell it..LOL..Thanks ,Geeb
                well hit us up. we dont mind helping you out. Just dont forget the beer.
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Here's a link . . .
                  http://rubiconexpress.com/Products.a...id=55B47042700

$600 seems way too high for what your getting in that kit. The springs are the only thing you'd really care about and you can get them seperately for $350. You can pick up the rear TB relocator bracket, TC drop spacers, etc from lots of guys like me that didn't know better and bought those kits and didn't use some of those parts for way less than $250.

mmmmmmmmm......beer

Comment

Its pricey but comes with all the bump stop extenders as well as the longer links and what not for the sway bars. However I have seen the re 3.5" kit on inland empire craiglist for 850 complete if this is the superflex kit it's not a bad price.

Comment

I got a almost complete 3" teraflex lift with adjustable lower aarms I need to get rid of. pm me if your possibly interested I will give you the details.

Comment

whoa, wait a minute. I've helped Geebo with some wrenching, and I never got a beer! What gives dude!?

I'll always be there to help with the wrenching Geebo!

Comment

Looks like geeb needs to do som catch up for sar
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

BEER BEER BEER!!! Is that all ya think about?? OK when I get the Lift ya,ll gots your BEERS LOL, no problem and thanks for all the offers and help guy,s

Comment

Beer and wrenching isn't necesarily a very good combination. Good luck on the lift install, after today I might have an adjustable currie rear trackbar for ya

Comment

Working...
                              X