Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
    I've never seen one on any Jeep (factory that is). I wish I knew how you guys get your springs to pop out like that. Blows my mind. Are you flexing THAT much? Mine make all kinds of noise flopping around when I flex, but I've yet to have one pop out. wierd man...

I'll have to get a picture of the ones I made for the bottom fronts on mine. They work well, but I just put them on when I installed the new Fox shox I bought from Erik. No prbs so far, and I've flexed REAL hard on them.
    Mine are factory. I've heard what others have reported in this thread that TJs after 97 don't have them on both at the front, only one. Not sure the rhyme or reason.

I don't know if I flexed that much or what?!?! It was on the first "climb" on Gold Mountain, near the beginning of the trail on my way down. Paul might have video, I'm not sure. I drove up on a rock to purposefully flex it as far as possible to get it back in, and we still needed Nick's 6 foot hi-lift to get that extra bit of flex to PRY the spring back in. I must have flexed really far to get it to pop out.

And Chris, I have a tummy tuck waiting to go on. I think when I put that on, I'll be looking at getting limiting straps. I was thinking only rear, but I might as well throw one up front too. I'll be enlisting your help, but I need to scrape together some dough (and time) for that to happen!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
      Mine are factory. I've heard what others have reported in this thread that TJs after 97 don't have them on both at the front, only one. Not sure the rhyme or reason.

I don't know if I flexed that much or what?!?! It was on the first "climb" on Gold Mountain, near the beginning of the trail on my way down. Paul might have video, I'm not sure. I drove up on a rock to purposefully flex it as far as possible to get it back in, and we still needed Nick's 6 foot hi-lift to get that extra bit of flex to PRY the spring back in. I must have flexed really far to get it to pop out.

And Chris, I have a tummy tuck waiting to go on. I think when I put that on, I'll be looking at getting limiting straps. I was thinking only rear, but I might as well throw one up front too. I'll be enlisting your help, but I need to scrape together some dough (and time) for that to happen!
      Matt, I have a set of straps you can have. It looks like you already have the mount for it on the axle, you'll just have to weld on some tabs to the frame. They're yours if you want them.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks guys! I am gonna look into the limiting straps and probably make some retainers with some flat stock.
        2007 SAHARA DirtyFab Sliders, Superior Axles w/ 5.13 Gears, Coming Soon: GenRight JK Stuff(i'm waiting guys!)

Comment

Hey Matterdaddy . . . do you have any pics of your spring retainers. Do you know if the factory still makes them or would it be easier just to make them yourself?
          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
            Hey Matterdaddy . . . do you have any pics of your spring retainers. Do you know if the factory still makes them or would it be easier just to make them yourself?
            There is no real need for them, but if you want to buy some
            http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...egory_Code=cus
            [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              Matt, I have a set of straps you can have. It looks like you already have the mount for it on the axle, you'll just have to weld on some tabs to the frame. They're yours if you want them.
              Thanks Kurt. I'll take you up on that offer. I'll try to make it to July's AAT work. I'm hoping things will settle down for me and I can make it out then.

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
              As the others have said, it's a band-aid, not the fix, but I'll still try and take a couple pictures tomorrow if I get the chance.
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
              X