Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running 38.5 s on Rubi axles is going to be interesting, it is recommmended that @ 35's you need to start thinking about beefing up the entire diff, larger spline shafts,u-joints and other vital components,,,, possibly distorting the axle tubes,ripping off the suspension mounting brackets on the diff,as the factory welds are really bad and even breaking of u-joints, shafts, and gears.or go to bigger beefier diffs DANA 60. then you have the whole brake and or stopping issue?
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

I haven't had any problems whats so ever. It has been hopping up and down in calico, john bull, anza borrego, ocotillo wells, and many other places without any issues. It stops great. Have had to stop quickly in traffic many times. If i have to i just downshift also to slow down very quickly. I do plan on upgrading sometime but i was just saying he doesnt have to regear right away because its not bad at all if your jeeps not an auto. I am going to upgrade axles sometime just have been buying other stuff first.

Comment

:bonk: if you have to slow down quickly you just downshift huh... So what happens when someone cuts you off on the freeway when your doing 70 and they are at 60, just down shift?! I dont think so.
        You say that 38s on a D44 and 4:10s work just fine?
        -sure maybe on dirt roads where you dont need 4wd.
        Why would you put 38s on a Jeep Rubicon anyway?
        I think an 8inch FabTech lift, 38s, stock D44 says it all so....:zip:
        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

No, you just hit the brakes. The work great! Why would you put 35's on a D30?? I guess the short arm kit says it all. Yes i am saying it works fine because i drive it everyday. I wheel it every weekend. I also have over 18000 miles on it with no issues with the kit at all. 4lo and first gear with the 6speed is very low. I wouldnt want it any lower.

Comment

Where's Rodney King when you need him?

"Can't we all just get along?"
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I'm fine until he said a fabtech lift, 38s, stock D44 says it all. If he's gots nothing good to say about my jeep then he should say anything at all. He obviously thinks he knows everything. I drive it so i know.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterubi View Post
                If he's gots nothing good to say about my jeep then he should say anything at all. .
                uh... I did.

LOL I wont even add to this...
                [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X