Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help W/ buying a lift

Well i am looking into buying a new lift for my 03 Rubicon. I want to run 35 Inch tires on it, and would like to have a 6" inch lift.. I was thinking about the full traction long arm system. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do.. I have about 2600$ for a price range, and would like it to be the long arm system

6" is a lot of lift for a Wrangler. Most people here run a 4.5" and maybe a 1" body lift. That accomodates 35" tires pretty well. Companies that you should look at are: (no particular order)

Rubicon Express
    Claytons
    Full Traction
    TnT Customs

search around there are LOTS of info about all these companies.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

$2600 will not go as far as you think.
      $1200=tires
      $1500-2000=lift

gears?
      steering?
      skid plates?

are you going to wheel this thing?

I also run pretty much a 4.5 inch lift with a 1.25 inch BL and I think its perfect. so far..

I think we need more info on what you will be doing with your awesome Jeep.

edit:
      just looked at your profile, YOU NEED A SIG so we know where your jeep is at!
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I have brand new 35s for sale for $650, I just saved you $550

P.S. miguel, i think the $2600 was the budget for the lift.

but yes you will have to consider lots of other aspects that go into lifting a vehicle.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I agree, six inches is a ton of lift for a wrangler, not
          to mention the other components needed for that tire size. My advice would be to price out what it takes to do 33's and 35's the right way and see if you really want to spend the extra $. Have you wheeled your current set-up to it's max? I'm always impressed by the guy running less to it's limit than the guy sitting on 44's. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

$2600 just for the lift! damn...I in my dreams. In that case you could have something real nice!

I agree what dadasjp said too. wheel what you got until it breaks and then fix. I have ran some pretty tough trails on 33s and a 4.5inch lift and only broken a 2 u-joints. one in the snow (me being stupid) and one in JV (first time there with high gearing)

but...were not hear to tell you what you should do. Just get back to us and let us know what type of terrain you are going to wheel and how often, how extreme i.e. Johnson Valley?
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
              $2600 just for the lift! damn...I in my dreams. In that case you could have something real nice!
              Well id hope so haha, cause my TnT LA upgrade and trac bar kit alone was $1200 to my door and thats with a discount.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

http://www.rubiconexpress.com
                The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

You might also want to look into http://www.rockkrawler.com/
                  and the ones listed above there all good brands, some just with better prices.But as stated above keep in mind your steering and brakes, it seems once you hit the 35" tire mark it gets expensive. Good luck

Comment

Well i currently have a 4 inch pro comp lift on it, it was on it when i bought my jeep and it has 33 inch pro comp tires that are now at the warning tread line... So i need new tires... I have been on a couples good trials i think as a begginer. One of them being Rower Flats ( dont qoute me on the spelling) its towards palmdale off of bouquet canyon rd. Most of the time on the trail, I seem to be on 3 wheels. Which is a very unsettling feeling for a new guy.. So I want something with a little more flex into it. And again I have a 2003 Rubicon.

Comment

Just my 2c, Im running a RE 7000 superflex kit with 3 1/2" springs on an 06 Rubi LJ with 33s. This kit seems to flex REAL well. I could add a 1" BS. and run 35s, but Im fine with 33s. Somthing to consider, the 35s start to put a strain on your drivetrain, and, I promise you, your stock 4.10 gears are NOT going to cut it.
                      :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

I have 3.5 rubicon superflex and 1 inch body lift that clears 35's no problem. You might want to upgrade your steering and brakes at 35's though.

Comment

Originally posted by scherf68 View Post
                          I have 3.5 rubicon superflex and 1 inch body lift that clears 35's no problem. You might want to upgrade your steering and brakes at 35's though.
                          yeah but looks like you have tube fenders and alot f cutting
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

To install my long arm lift,including the modification of the exhaust, and the rear drive shaft cost me $2k. that was after I paid $2700 for the FT4" lift and exhaust. am glad I did it, and went with the Full Trac over the RE, as I think the TRI-link in the rear is much stronger, then the cost of shocks, tires and rims and you are out @ least $6k.
                            06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                            07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

i have the 8 inch fabtech high clearance system. i love it. it handles well a lot of flex and no problems with over 17ooo miles on it. i had 37's now i run 38.5's. i still have my 4.10 and a 6 speed. if ur auto i would regear. if not its not a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X