Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.0" To 4.5" Coil Spring Swap

Any Input Would Be Appreciated, I Want To Swap Full Traction 4" Coils For 4.5" Coils Front And Rear. I Have The 4" Full Traction Long Arm Suspension. Other Than Also Replacing The Shocks,,, Will I Need To Have The Length Of The Long Arms Adjusted To Accomodate The Slight Extra Lift?
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

possibly might need to adjust the uppers for the pinion angle. I didnt do that after I did my Rubi case and am still trying the get the vibes out of the front end. but... half an inch might not do much so try and it and see
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

thanks for the input,,,,,
      07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

I don't think going from the 4" to the 4.5" springs you would have to change the shocks. Its only a half inch, and it seems shocks are sold with a 2" window.
        like stock - 2", 2"-4",4"-6" (just my 2 cents) I'm sure if I'm wrong somebody will tell me. I agree with miguelitojeep97 you'll probably just need to adjust your uppers to put the pinion angles back in line

Comment

Did the switch to the RE4.5 springs. Sits alot higher, than the FT springs. Now got to hit the trail, thanks for the input,,,Chips
          07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Working...
          X