Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how big is too big?

im thinkin about goin with 39.5" IROK bias plys. what you guys think? just curius what you guys have to say?

my jeep tj has a 8" LA kit on it. Rev111 front fenders and trimmed fenders. along with some spidertrax spacers for some extra width untill i can get wider axles.
    starvin student...

I think you must have quite a trust fund.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

lol i dont starve cuz i dont make much money... i make great money for a 19-year old personal trainer its just all my money goes to my jeep and my sports bike... and my surfing trips... lol then i have no money left to spend on food and what not. always broke! any ways. but i have to say im lucky to have a girl friend that loves my bike and jeep and insists on surprisen me with parts for them... ect. my rockers and steps, my rear axle shaft, motorcycle exuast
      starvin student...

Comment

Originally posted by sahara0207 View Post
        im thinkin about goin with 39.5" IROK bias plys. what you guys think? just curius what you guys have to say?

my jeep tj has a 8" LA kit on it. Rev111 front fenders and trimmed fenders. along with some spidertrax spacers for some extra width untill i can get wider axles.
        Unless you're running dana 60's with LOW gears or something comparable I think you'll be in for some frequent breakage.
        I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

Baylen,
          That sounds great, looks great, but I gotta tell you, if you're really planning on that set up, come watch Paul and some of these other guys wheel thier rigs on the rocks with 35's and 4 in lifts before you spend all that $$$$. It's magic what these guys do with half of what you're talking about. ANd very little breakage. Nothing worse than a pretty Jeep broke all over the trail. 2 cents
          Kurt
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

i allready have everything but the tires. im running 37's right now and like it i just ordered some more irok 37x14x15 bias ply for the trail. just seein what every one whould think.
            starvin student...

Comment

looks great, but i read and article about stock axles, no matter 44. that they arent strong enough for that big of tires. might last a year if you baby it. i read this in 4 wheeler, where the people write in to them.

do you wheel alot?
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

oh ya. chromoly
                starvin student...

Comment

starvin student...

Comment

stop I am jealous.
                    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

by the way that r-runner be hind me with the white top on it is my uncles. it is bad ass.
                      starvin student...

Comment

yeah that is the way i am leaning too. but i hear these stories about 37's and so forth are too big. but i have too admit i like that ride. the fenders are the ones i want but they went out of business.
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

any "in action" shots
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

i still want the 40's!!! lol but i decided i need my 9 inchers and coil overs first
                            starvin student...

Comment

axle truss. so that would help on the bigger tires....right. any up clse pics. am debating on this
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                              X