Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright the Jeep is back in action! Shiny new oil filter and my clutch feels a hundred times better. Fearing possible retaliation on my Jeep I was pretty civil and took the "give em chance to make it right" approach before going bolistic! I received several appologies from the service rep who seemed genuinely embarrassed about the whole oil mishap, and he hooked me up with a free oil change for next time. He explained to me when I picked it up that the problem with the clutch, wasn't an adjustment issue but rather bubbles in the line that should go away, but seeing the huge difference in the way it feels just from when I drove it in and then home, I think they must have done something to it . . . either way, it's feeling right so I'm happy. To top it all off, they heard the squeek and said my idle pulley is worn out (only 18K miles...weird) so they ordered the part along with a new weather strip for the top of my windsheild which started to sag in the extreme heat last summer. I think this means I'll have to hit the trail this weekend . . . anybody up for a somewhat local run . . . maybe Rowher???
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Beware of David Ellis Jeep

The Saga Ends . . . or so I hope. Took the Jeep in yesterday to get the idle pulley and windshield weather striping replaced as the parts were ordered last time I had the Jeep in. Not sure what the service rep was thinking but when I dropped it off at the scheduled time, planning to leave it all day for them to work on, the rep asks me if I can leave it til the following day . . . WTF??? he was the one who suggested the appointment to begin with! Then I get a call at noon letting me know everything is done. Here's the weird part . . . after having the clutch recall done, the clutch felt very weird so I took it back in (and to get the oil actually changed seeing that I'd paid for it, but it was not done when I had the Jeep in the first time). I was told that it was just bubbles in the line that would work themselves out but they must have done something to it as it felt 100x better when I picked it up . . . this was three weeks ago. But now all the sudden, I notice on my receipt from yesterday that they put in a "HYD CTRL CLUTCH" and apparently the parts were special ordered . . . no mention of this was made to me and as far as I'd been told last time, my clutch was just fine. On top of all of this, the mechanic must have been wearing a belt as he left lovely scratches on my grill and a couple nicks that go down to the medal. I would have never taken my Jeep to the stealership had it not been warranty and recall work and I just hope that's the end of it so I don't ever have to go back.

BEWARE OF DAVID ELLIS JEEP - Poor Work & Dishonest Practices.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
      X