Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more question. I have a 98 Jeep TJ sahara, with a dana 35 rear end. what my gear ratio?

Comment

why not go almost bullet proof and buy a rockwell axle out of an old military truck for 600 bucks? and they even come with a 6.72:1 gear ratio!
      80 cj5- under going sbc swap, dana 60 and 14 bolt sping overs
      86 cj7- stock.

Comment

Craigory, Look on your drear diff there should be a tag that says what your ratio is.

and Joshua99ta, Do you even know how much work its going to take to use rockwells especially if you wanna do your rear steer and all that? Its kinda one of those things that if your posting it all around asking about it, you probably shouldnt do it. and how are 6.72 gears good for anyone with a DD and small tires?

For most of us, D44s and 8.8s sufice just fine.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
          Craigory, Look on your drear diff there should be a tag that says what your ratio is.

and Joshua99ta, Do you even know how much work its going to take to use rockwells especially if you wanna do your rear steer and all that? Its kinda one of those things that if your posting it all around asking about it, you probably shouldnt do it. and how are 6.72 gears good for anyone with a DD and small tires?

For most of us, D44s and 8.8s sufice just fine.

gesh i was just trying to make a funny. it wasnt like I was serious about that

on the part about me doing it to mine...its a possibility b/c I've never seen it on a cj. I have seen it on some competition only type crawlers... but thats all.... i just think its cool and not gunna be that hard... at least when compared to swapping to something like a 14bolt or dana 60's or something of that sort
          80 cj5- under going sbc swap, dana 60 and 14 bolt sping overs
          86 cj7- stock.

Comment

HAHAH its equally as hard if not harder.... You obviously have no idea on the amount of work a swap like that is going to be... and im not saying it cant be done, but theres a reason why you only see rockwells and the sort on competition buggies, there kinda isnt a point to put them on a full bodied rig. But to each his own... Have fun and post pics.

And sorry to take this thread off original topic...
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

is a rear axle(dana 35) from a 2000 TJ gunna fit on my 98 tj?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig0ry View Post
                is a rear axle(dana 35) from a 2000 TJ gunna fit on my 98 tj?
                Yeah, a drop in special.....

Rick OllllllO
                " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
                Rick W6RE

Comment

go dana 44

I super 35 mine with an ECTED LOCKER but I think I bent my housing cause now I cant get it to unlock correctly and ive been through 3 lockers. So Im going with a dana44 drop in replacement from this place: http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catal...ducts_id/71714

Comment

Working...
                  X