Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axle uh oh

well a few days ago i was 4x4'in and then the day aftr i went out with a few friends, and on thr trip home i was going around a corner and downshifted and heard a huge clunk! and lost all power to my back wheels. at first glance when i got out i couldnt see anythingthing wrong. then we started to push the jeep to the side of the road and i notice that my rear wheel is getting further away from the wheel well. so i took another look and i belive its the axle pin, ummm Help

Dana 35 rear right? Sounds like you broke an axle. Time to upgrade to a D44.

Comment

c-clip axle bro, its the worst, but an easy fix. just replace the axle, and check to make sure your brake cylinder is good because sometimes they pop when the drum comes out with the axle while your driving.

did you get it home yet? can you work on it where its at? we can walk you through the repair it is easy to do and you can get the parts cheap at the junk yard...
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

unfortunatly i had it towed to a mechanics. the only place i could have worked on it is a cement pad in my back yard, with has been the home of a new Blue water since last sunday

Comment

Good luck! I dread the day when my D35 breaks! I'm hoping I can get enough pennies together for a 44 before it happens!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

can you put a dana 44 on without changing the front?

Comment

If the gear ratio is the same.
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                If the gear ratio is the same.
                and if it has drum brakes
                03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

ibelive the 8.8 comes in some of the same gear ratios 3.54 3.73 and i belive 4.56 plus disc brakes they run about 600 out of a wreaking yardand m.o.r.e. carries the spring purches and drive shaft andbrake conversion kits imlooking to swap one in mine soon
                  :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

HAHAHA 600???!!! I got mine with 4.10s and an LSD and disc brakes for $115 at the pick a Part in Ontario.
                    I got the driveshaft flange for the pinion yoke for $20
                    Brake lines cost me about $10 at Kragen
                    I got Chrysler 8 3/4 spring pearchs for free from my buddy
                    A can of spray paint $5

The only bitch part about the swap is cutting all the old crap off.

As of now im not running an e-brake, but thers lots of write ups on how to do it (using the ZJ cables etc...) or you can just buy the more kit which is easy and bolt in but its like $100 plus shipping...

Then again you have coils and the bracketry kits are like around $300, so that will cost you a little more time and effort then my leafs did...

Just my .02
                    Last edited by swbooking; 10-02-07, 11:51 PM.
                    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

A replacement D35c axleshaft will only cost $100-115 or so from Superior Axle and it can be replaced in an hour. No big deal, don't let a shop rip you off for big $$$ as is this is even a trail replaceable item. Of course unless you are ready for a stronger replacement rear axle
                      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

you could prolly git an stock axle shaft frum the junkyard for $10-
                        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                          HAHAHA 600???!!! I got mine with 4.10s and an LSD and disc brakes for $115 at the pick a Part in Ontario.
                          I got the driveshaft flange for the pinion yoke for $20
                          Brake lines cost me about $10 at Kragen
                          I got Chrysler 8 3/4 spring pearchs for free from my buddy
                          A can of spray paint $5

The only bitch part about the swap is cutting all the old crap off.

As of now im not running an e-brake, but thers lots of write ups on how to do it (using the ZJ cables etc...) or you can just buy the more kit which is easy and bolt in but its like $100 plus shipping...

Then again you have coils and the bracketry kits are like around $300, so that will cost you a little more time and effort then my leafs did...

Just my .02
                          wow thats a good deal manpick a part in ontario huh cool
                          :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Yeah just tell them its out of a car... It comes out a lot cheaper, if the ask which, say crown vic...
                            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                              Yeah just tell them its out of a car... It comes out a lot cheaper, if the ask which, say crown vic...
                              Heh, I'll have to remember that.
                              The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X