Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric or hydraulic trailer brakes are essential, your front rotors are going to suffer either way, my trailer is 2200 pounds and it is scary in some instances. Been towing for many years and still sometimes I wonder. Tow with caution

Comment

Originally posted by Rubiconcruiser View Post
      Electric or hydraulic trailer brakes are essential, your front rotors are going to suffer either way, my trailer is 2200 pounds and it is scary in some instances. Been towing for many years and still sometimes I wonder. Tow with caution
      Yep, I agree... When I sell those tires I will get the Brake controller for my electric trailer brakes! Until then I just make the run to the Hammers and back, it's a flatland tow. Point taken though.
      Best, Max7
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Electric trailer brakes. a good brake controller. maybe load leveling bars and a sway control and some
        carefull loading of the trailer to keep tongue weight where it should be and you should be able to tow safely and comfortably. When the combo is set up nicely there is no need to curl your toes when towing

Comment

My Airstream has electric brakes, but they need replacing, probably get the entire backing plate for each side, four bolts, two wires done. I will probably buy a Tekonsha brake controller for the Jeep. The trailer tows very nice, and level without brakes it will probably tow even nicer with brakes.
          Best, Max7
          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X