Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I was crawling around under the Cherokee cause I got it home today, and I discovered I have a Chrysler 8.25...I was like WOOT!!

Oh Yeah! I got the pictures uploaded!
    http://www.freewebs.com/kortheal/lafonda.htm
    Last edited by YJwonderboy; 05-21-07, 05:42 PM.
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

Ive never seen a GREEN person named lafonda... lol but looks pretty clean. Lucky you have a full center console, ive been looking for one for a while.
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Screw the center console...I'm flippin' out over this axle!
        WTF Mate?

______
        [_____]
        (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
        []--o---[]

Comment

And if you dont care about the console send it to me!
          Last edited by swbooking; 05-21-07, 09:10 PM.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

More like this

and identical to this one

Nah, i can't send you mine, but I know a guy who is parting out his cherokee that I believe has one. He kinda sheered his rear end one day spinning tires out of a red light. He twisted his driveshaft, broke his Universal Joints, stripped the output shaft on transmission, and sheared the ring gears int he differential. He told me this the next day and I'm like...How *insert profane word here* did you manage to do THAT with a stock 4.0...of course I haven't had mine for very long, so I can't really judge. He had an automatic and a D35...so who knows...
            Last edited by YJwonderboy; 05-21-07, 09:21 PM.
            WTF Mate?

______
            [_____]
            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
            []--o---[]

Comment

LAWL! as long as your happy...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Just make sure it has the bigger axles before you start putting big tires on it. If it's a 27 spline, replace the carrier and axles with 29 spline units if you regear.

Comment

i've been looking for alloy axles and a selectable locker for it actually. So it will probably have the 29 splines eventually....it's finding a locker for the 8.25 that's hard....they aren't exactly easy to find parts for.
                  WTF Mate?

______
                  [_____]
                  (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                  []--o---[]

Comment

Well...I've been driving the XJ around for a few days now, and I'm really enjoying it. I love the 4.0's low end torque, and the gas mileage isn't exactly "murder" like I thought it was. I'm getting like 18mpg in the city...and while the YJ I only had to fill up every week or so, this I6 isn't too bad if you stay out of it. I'm really enjoying the comfort. It's got AC, Just installed a stereo, comfy seats, my GF really likes the fact that the back seat lays down providing a lot of space. We took it out a few days ago out in the country, parked it, and we sat in the back for a good while listening to the radio, and talking. (Sorry guys, we've only been dating for 3 weeks. Takin' it slow, I really like the girl). But she prefers the XJ over the YJ any day. While she enjoyed letting the top down she hated the rough ride, the "dive and squat" the jeep made when shifting, and the fact that it was a POS. (Tranny leaks like a wrecked tanker, and its got a VERY VERY bad miss.)
                    I am really liking the Cherokee's handling. They do rather well in the corners, and are plain fun to play around in, on and off-road. I'm still looking for upgrades to "Lafonda", cause my dad recently got a winch, and now i want one. It's finding a bumper that I like and is in my price range that's hard to do. I'm VERY new to long wheel based Jeeps...and while it's not difficult to find upgrades, my goal right now is to find a bumper that has a brush guard and has the mounting points for a winch, without being overly large, and super gaudy.
                    Thanks for all of the help so far. You guys ahve steered me in the directions of some great sources for parts and information, I hope that my long, painfully drawn out build will be an enjoyable one.

-Cory
                    Last edited by YJwonderboy; 05-27-07, 11:30 AM.
                    WTF Mate?

______
                    [_____]
                    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                    []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
                    X