This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey I jus joined...I have a question about wheels

Hey, my name's Alexxe. I'm new here. I live in Florida and my jeep's a 97 wrangler sport. I already have chrome bumpers, spotlights, new bucket seats, bumper steps, a chrome exhaust tip, an Alpine 12" sub and the raingler nets and next I wanna work on the wheels...so I was wondering...can I put on chunkier wheels without lifting the whole jeep? I don't mean bigger, wider tires...just chunkier ones??? I asked tha guy @ tha jeep dealer here n he had NO freakin clue what he was talkin about so I'm askin u guys.
    PLZ help me lol.
    --Alexxe--

*~*Drive It Like You Stole It*~*
    ~!~ I stop for surfer boys~!~

first off, welcome to mjr!
    what do you mean by "chunkier"? do you just want them to stick out further on the sides?
    what type of off roading do you plan to do? i know there isnt much more than sand in florida .. so i assume that is what you plan to do with it?
    i moved your post over here figuring it is better suited here
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Thread on stock wheels and larger tires

What's an exhaust tip?
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

jmbrowning: it's a chrome pipe that slips on over the exhaust pipe. It improves performance and looks good @ tha same time.

Nailer: Yeah just wider...there ain't much in Florida but there's a few places down here in Bradenton n stuff so...
        --Alexxe--

Comment

Originally posted by RapIsCrap16
          jmbrowning: it's a chrome pipe that slips on over the exhaust pipe. It improves performance and looks good @ tha same time.
          How does slipping a chrome tip over the end of the pipe improve performance?

Comment

I dunno...who gives a shit? My friend told me about it, he has one on his Mudder n he said it duz, somehow...so I put one on mine.
            ur old, ur just not up-to-date with this new stuff...obviously.
            --Alexxe--

Comment

I dunno...who gives a shit? My friend told me about it, he has one on his Mudder n he said it duz, somehow...so I put one on mine.
              Maybe you should get one of those racey-looking "R" stickers for the back of your vehicle. That should improve performance too...

Comment

I'm glad someone else took up the cause. I'm in enough trouble.
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

r u mocking me? Look, just cuz im a chick duzn't mean i dont know about cars.
                  I asked a question about wheels and NO ONE'S answered, you've jus been mocking me cuz im younger than u AND im a girl.
                  u guys r like...45 years old wtf r u doing online?
                  Last edited by NAILER341; 11-15-03, 09:34 AM.
                  --Alexxe--

Comment

Just a bit of advice from a "old guy".

If you want help and advice, please check the attitude and ask away. If you are here just to stir up trouble, please go away.

As for the exhaust tip increasing performance, there are a limited number of situations where this is true--sort of. But none of those applications apply to a vehicle with a catalytic converter or &/or a muffler.

As for "chunkier" wheels, yea, you can do that. Just buy some with less offset. Most styles of wheels can be bought with a variety of offsets, pick what you want, and go for it. Be careful though, you can end up with some handling problems when your scrub radius gets too far out of hand. You will also run into some issues with the tires rubbing, and you will increase the wear on various front end components. The farther out you go, the worse all of those things will be. How far is the maximum acceptable compromise? That is all up to you, since you have to buy the parts and maintain your jeep.

good luck.
                    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

finally. Thanks goodtimes...thaz all I wanted. I dind't have an attitude until people started mocking me.
                      --Alexxe--

Comment

finally. Thanks goodtimes...thaz all I wanted. I dind't have an attitude until people started mocking me.
                        i don't see how anyone was mocking you ...

PRegner simply asked:
                        How does slipping a chrome tip over the end of the pipe improve performance?
                        And then you said:

to me, that seems like an honest question. you went about calling him OLD? first of all, he's not and that's just immature, and second of all on this forum, age doesn't matter, either does gender -- that's why this forum has been so successful.
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

wow, this is fun. At least you got a point about Rap being Crap! I'm not old and I still dont get it, oh well . Welcome to MJR!

Try this: Wheel selector

They use a picture of a CJ, but you can get the general idea about what size and style of wheel you want. Or if you cant find a wheel you like there or you dont like the Jeep picture used, try taking a picture of your Jeep from the side and take it into a picture editing program. Then find other pics of wheels and cut and paste um on there. OR if you dont have any of that digital junk, take a regular picture, then cut wheel pics out of a magazine or something and place them over the picture.

Goodtimes is right, smaller offest (backspacing) OR just buy wider wheels. Like a 15x10 is probably what you are looking for and will do what you want.
                          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

RapIsCrap16:

I really don't care what your gender is and I only mock people that have a bad attitude.

Additionally, I would guess (judging by your lack of spelling skills), that you are more than likely a high school drop-out (or an imbicile), and also more than likely just got your license. Do your parents know you're using the internet? Perhaps they should go out and buy a copy of Net-Nanny, or some other third party parental control software. You don't seem to possess the maturity to roam the internet unsupervised.

Comment

We are finished . . . any more beef?!? Take it to a PM, Please.
                              Thank you
                              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                              X