Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power steering rage!!!

so my power steering is leaking, it got a brand new seal kit the day before i bought it, and now ive wheeled it twice in the mud hard, since it got warm out, and the damn seals are leaking cause they got dirt in them. its only like 17 bucks to get a new kit, and then a few hours of shenanigans to replace. but i was wondering if theres a trick to stopping mud from gettin in there?? anyhelp would be apretiated

rageing hurricane

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
    so my power steering is leaking, it got a brand new seal kit the day before i bought it, and now ive wheeled it twice in the mud hard, since it got warm out, and the damn seals are leaking cause they got dirt in them. its only like 17 bucks to get a new kit, and then a few hours of shenanigans to replace. but i was wondering if theres a trick to stopping mud from gettin in there?? anyhelp would be apretiated

rageing hurricane
    Stop going in the MUD Can you bend sheet metal?
    Rat
    Last edited by RAT; 04-14-07, 06:54 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

but mud is all i got. no fancy rocks here. yes i can bend sheetmetal, and weld, whats your idea??

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
        but mud is all i got. no fancy rocks here. yes i can bend sheetmetal, and weld, whats your idea??
        You might be able to make a splash guard to fit the front of the PS pump that will deflect most of the mud away from the seal?shaft area. Kind of tight, and may not be enough room to fit a decent one in, but it might.
        Rat
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

good thinkin, i will take a peek tomorrow, and see what i can come up with. thanks again

Comment

I was looking at a comp rock bugy today. all the fluid resevoir covers were covered with shop rags and zip tied. maybe somethng like that would help. :dunno:
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

that probably would keep out alot of the big stuff, but im looking for a more permanent solution. thanks though

Comment

Working...
              X