Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
    [COLOR="Red"]Sell the T/A[/COLOR] and buy the Jeep from your dad! lol Jk sounds like a cool project. Im also working on a 71 240Z and an 87 RX7 TurboII. Have fun man.

SELL the T/A?!? Goodness, are you crazy? I'm never selling it, at least I plan on not selling it! No matter what shape its in... Plus I don't think anybody would want it, considering the condition it's in at the moment.

-Harrison

Blue

Comment

Haha I know how it is man, i was just givein you a hard time.

and sorry Sarah Ill try harder...
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Haha! It's cool man! I just can't get rid of my Muscle Car bug. I got bit by it a few years back and it gets worse everyday! I love cars in general, but muscle cars (espically old Firebirds and T/As) and Jeeps top my list!

-Harrison

Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MacDuff View Post
          SELL the T/A?!? Goodness, are you crazy? I'm never selling it, at least I plan on not selling it! No matter what shape its in... Plus I don't think anybody would want it, considering the condition it's in at the moment.

-Harrison
          Dude,
          You gotta get rid of that 'Canonball Run' car and getcha a REAL musle car!

Something like:

-Bob
          '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Ok. I'll get one if you will. lol. Get me 6 to 14 grand for the rolling chassis, plus ungodly ammounts of replacement parts, panels, and tirm accessories. Not to mention an engine and transmission plus all the lines hoses, and small details too. Then there's body work, and paint on top of all that and the time you need to do all of it, too. One of those in good conditon is extremely hard to find at a low price. Espically for a 17 year old high school student. Besides, 2nd gen T/A done right looks just as good as good or even better than a 1st gen Firebird in my opinion.

-Harrison

Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MacDuff View Post
              Ok. I'll get one if you will. lol. Get me 6 to 14 grand for the rolling chassis, plus ungodly ammounts of replacement parts, panels, and tirm accessories. Not to mention an engine and transmission plus all the lines hoses, and small details too. Then there's body work, and paint on top of all that and the time you need to do all of it, too. One of those in good conditon is extremely hard to find at a low price. Espically for a 17 year old high school student. Besides, 2nd gen T/A done right looks just as good as good or even better than a 1st gen Firebird in my opinion.

-Harrison
              Someday you will learn, Grasshopper...
              -Bob

Comment

You must not know your F-Body's too well, but it's understandable seeing as this is a Jeep forum. The '79 model year was the best selling year for the Firebird/Trans AM and it had one of the higest production rates as well. With the '79 I can get the same amount of power, torque, etc. as a 1st Gen and it won't get confused with a Camaro. We wouldn't want that now would we? lol. That way I can drive around in one of the most recognizable cars from the time period, while still being original by today's standards. Cheers!

-Harrison

Blue

Comment

My point is that the 'purdy red one' that I posted above is obviously a more rare and definitely a more desireable car. The '70's Trans Am's are way to available (relatively speaking) and I feel are more commonly referred to as the type of car that Joe Dirt would dream to own!

Regardless, my original post was more in jest than anything (although I personally would prefer to have the late 60's model)!
                  -Bob

Comment

It's cool man, but believe me, I would kill to have a late '60's Firebird, it's just that when I see a black 2nd Gen T/A that's done right, I just melt inside... Joe Dirt Firebirds are the 3rd Generation ones from the '80's. Believe me, I live in SC, I know what redneck is. And if a mid 80's Firebird isn't redneck, then I guess I'm due for a wakeup call! lol!

-Harrison

Blue

Comment

firebirds eh??? hahaha, the little car that dreams of being a big car!! sorry i had to say that, im a truck guy myself. but anyways what are you doing with your lift?? you seem to be taking everyones opinion so heres mine........ go with a 2 or 3 inch bodylift. little and cheap, also very practical. now if your not happy with lift and want to go bigger then you can always go with the suspension. now if your old man is anything like any other person on the planet he will get the bug and before you know it your eating cat food inside a jeep with the monitary value of a lexus. no room for the transAm in this life.
                      :devil: Giffer

Comment

cat food eh??? hahaha, the pet food that dreams of being real food!! sorry I had to say that, im a cheeseburger guy myself. But I'm not sure what I want to do with my lift. I think I'm gonna save up and get the 3.5in lift from Rubicon Express though. I want that with the black Mickey Thompson rims and the Baja Claw tires, that way I can get as high as I want, but still keep it driveable on a daily basis. If I do get a lift, it will probably have to be a one time deal as well, due to cost. I want my jeep to be a daily driver that can do some off roading anytime I want to because stock is boring! lol

-Harrison

Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Giffer View Post
                          ........ go with a 2 or 3 inch bodylift. little and cheap, also very practical.
                          :censor: :zip:
                          -Bob

Comment

wow, giffer that kid just whooped you verbally, he takes no guff. go with what you want, in the end, no matter what people tell you, the only way youll find what you like is by going out there and trying it, learn from your own mistakes, and eventually u will find the setup that suits you and your current needs the best. p.s: 77 t/a se all the way, 6.6L v8 smokey and the bandit style!!

Hurricane out

Comment

Hahaha! I'm just playin' around guys! I just don't see my self driving a Jeep with the value of a Lexus around anytime soon! And thank you hurricane for backing me up on the T/A! Its a MAN thing! lol! I'm probably gonna get my butt whooped for sayin' that!

-Harrison

Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X