Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question.

Do you guys think black Mickey Thompson rims and Baja Claw tires would look good on a Blue and Tan soft top TJ?

Here's a link to the Rim and Tire package I want.
    Here I would like the alloy ones, but they are way too expensive, so that's why I want to see what you guys think about the black ones.

Here's the link to my cardomain too. Here

Lemme know what you guys think!

Thanks

-Harrison

Blue

You mean a little like this?

Thats RockRat33's rig. Close enough to give you a good idea. I think black rims are better looking then alloy/chrome JMO though.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

wow that looks really good in the blue and tan, my black on faded black doesnt pop like that...sweet tires too

Comment

Good God Yeah! That looks so bad! Thanks for the picture! Me and my bro are probably gonna paint the fender flares either flat or semi-gloss black if/when we get those rims, too. Oh yeah, do you know what size lift he has? Thanks!

-Harrison

Blue

Comment

Glad i could help and yes i do his kit is a 4" Terra Flex w/Bilstien 5100s.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Sweet! I want a two inch lift, seeing as it's not as expensive as a bigger one, but I'm not sure which one to get. I use my jeep as a daily driver to get back and forth from school and to have a little fun off-road on the weekends, so I don't need anything huge. I'd love to, but I can't afford it. I want to have more ground clearance, and better traction in the mud, so that's why I was asking about the rim/tire package. Do you guys have any suggestions for 2" lifts?

-Harrison

Blue

Comment

Im partial to Rubicon Express products.

Rubicon Express Economy Kit (P/N RE7030) is a 2 inch, basically just 2" coil spacers, 2" Rear bumpstops and 4 new RE twin tube shocks. But youll get different oponions on lift kits.

Just as a side note... I guarentee youll want to go bigger, even if you dont think so, i know so... so with that said. I would save my pennies and do a 4.5" suspension lift like the RE 7000 Supper-Flex kit.

I also like full traction check those out. Search and read around. best way to do it is wheel your rig stock know its limits, meet people ask them what they like, what they dont then get a lift kit based on our facts that youve gathered. anything else just let me know.
              -Allen

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                Glad i could help and yes i do his kit is a 4" Terra Flex w/Bilstien 5100s.
                You got nothing!!!!
                Wait till you see me run. Aluminum wheels, no good eh?
                "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

The problem with getting the 4.5 inch lift is that it's technically my dad's car, and he dosen't want to risk fipping it. Also, I might need something that big, partially because it's more expensive (but worth it in the long run). I'd love to get either the 3.5in standard suspension system or the 4.5 in 7000 Supper-Flex kit from Rubicon Express, but I highly doubt I'd be able to afford it. I could talk to my dad though. He was asking if there were any off-road clubs around here, and if there are, I'd tell him that we'd need a lift kit with some tires. I have to do some figuring out, so. I'll be back! Thanks alot!

-Harrison

Blue

Comment

I guarentee you there are clubs in your area. Theyre all over the place. Everyone says "wrangler flip this, wrangler flip that" Ive hauled A$$ in a 4.5" lifted CJ-7 down a curvy mountain road and it felt no more tippy then my stock cherokee did. (not that i recomend that) but i know how it is. My dad didnt want me to lift my Jeep either, but he eventually came around once he saw how much i oved the jeep, offroading, and how careful i was driving

Just think, If you buy the budget kit, thats $300 give or take a little, that you could put towards a better lift. Just save for a little, you dont have to do it right now (all though thats how i work i want everything NOW!) haha but youd be suprised how much ive saved just throwing my change into a bolw everynight then going to coinstar. But dont let my opinon change you, If you think you and your dad will be satisfied with the 2" lift then by all means go ahead plus if its your dads, i dont think hed want to get a call from you one day saying, "Dad i broke this or that wheeling toady"
                    Last edited by swbooking; 03-08-07, 06:33 PM.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

That is true, but I think if I show my dad what's up, he will either warm up to the idea of lifting the Jeep, or he'll say no and that'll be that. Also me and my twin brother are restoring a 1979 Trans Am at the moment so, he's been paying alot for tools and stuff latley, and I dunno how he's gonna react when I tell him I want to lift the Jeep, on top of fixing the T/A. I can only pray right now! Haha!

-Harrison

Blue

Comment

Sell the T/A and buy the Jeep from your dad! lol Jk sounds like a cool project. Im also working on a 71 240Z and an 87 RX7 TurboII. Have fun man.
                        Last edited by swbooking; 03-09-07, 01:24 PM.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                          ...haha but youd be suprised how much ive saved just throwing my change into a bolw everynight [COLOR="Red"]then going to coinstar[/COLOR]...
                          How can you effectively save money when you give 10% of it to a machine? The bank will give you coin rolls for free, and you can do it in your free time... I've never paid a coinstar machine to count my money!!!

(This is a 'who's the cheapest' thread, right?)
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

First of all... Its 8% so for every dollar you give a way 8 pennis. total i probably give the machine 3 bucks for counting my coins. Thats WELL worth the time it would take me to dump them all out and count them and roll them and drive to the bank... $3 or all that? ill take coinstar. I know you live in SD Mat but dont be such a Jew... haha

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

back on topic please ...
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                              X