Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To update this thread... So far Project XJ has a leaking freeze plug, bad brake booster, and a rat's nest of hoses and wires... Certainly nothing requiring large amounts of money or energy... Just alot of little crappy little knuckle busters and noggin scratchers.

<FIRE!>

SO... I cheated.

I found another XJ that ran better, everything works and it's already further along in it's build.

It's a '92 4x4, 4.0 HO, Auto, "Briarwood" edition (sweet fake wood panleing too!) with 30K on a rebuilt motor, and some other new parts under the hood. It's got a K&N and Cat back exhaust. Inside it has Mastercraft seats, full gages, ceiling console, but no headliner and generic black carpet.

It's sitting on 33" Super Swampers & Black Steelies, has a couple inch lift (coils and spacers) & LCA's. It's got Detroits front and rear plus he was throwing in a set of 31's, a cheap winch and some other stuff.

Oh... and it's got a *custom* paint job.

Yesterday Tha. Mrs and I went out to the hills behind our house and tested 'er out.

All in all it's not bad. It starts, runs, goes and stops. Everything works as it should.

From 45-65 mph is a graduated scale from "Whoa" to "Oh my god my brains are going to run out my nose!" Between the 33" SS's, No Sway bars and no SYE, it shakes and vibrates like the toys in mommies sock drawer. But it smooths out a bit at 70 and is certainly bearable enough to drive to the trail and back.

The front Detroit Locker is either dead quiet or clunking and banging like a kid with a metal pot and wooden spoon. Off road it's like the kid just had a Jolt cola and Sugar packet chaser.

SO... The parts I had been gathering for the first project XJ will find their way onto this one. It badly needs the lift to clear the tires!

Best of all it's *mostly* wheel-able now!

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~ (Suffers from A.D.D. and M.J.S.)

Comment

WOW man, I just caught this. Sweet paint LOL! Looks good your rigs already beefier then mine Get out on the trails!
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

mine starts humming around 45-55 thats with a new u joint after a few months it turns in to a vibe, im way to tall, but that will all change real soon. cut cut snip snip..

Comment

Working...
        X