Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many of us have purchased at least two sets of rockers before we learned what we need covered.

Get as much coverage as you can afford. The last thing you want is to do is repair damage that could have been avoided by having the right coverage in the first place.

Rocker protection should probably be an entire thread in itself.

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Yeah...most people buy jeeps without really realizing that they are monsters STOCK. With over half a century of experience in offroad and all purpose driving the Jeep is by far one of the most capable ORV's on the market when they are pristine and off the line. Capable a tolerating some of the worst situations, and being not only a fun but safe vehicle it is a popular choice when choosing an offroad vehicle. My advice to you is to see what your jeep can do. Get some armor, and get out there! I was amazed...simply AMAZED at where my dad's stock TJ with just 29" tires would go. They look good, drive well, and will last longer than almost any car on the road. My YJ has 157,000 miles on it, and still runs like a sewing machine. So...I whole heartedly agree with everybody when they say...see what your jeep can do before putting all the crazy lifts and upgrades on it.

And Jeeper89, are you running Baja's?
      WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
      [_____]
      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
      []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by jeeper89 View Post
        is this directed toward me??
        i'm pretty sure he was talking to me..

Comment

those are the ones i want.. with the slider bars..

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
            Yeah...most people buy jeeps without really realizing that they are monsters STOCK. With over half a century of experience in offroad and all purpose driving the Jeep is by far one of the most capable ORV's on the market when they are pristine and off the line. Capable a tolerating some of the worst situations, and being not only a fun but safe vehicle it is a popular choice when choosing an offroad vehicle. My advice to you is to see what your jeep can do. Get some armor, and get out there! I was amazed...simply AMAZED at where my dad's stock TJ with just 29" tires would go. They look good, drive well, and will last longer than almost any car on the road. My YJ has 157,000 miles on it, and still runs like a sewing machine. So...I whole heartedly agree with everybody when they say...see what your jeep can do before putting all the crazy lifts and upgrades on it.

i agree 100%, i was shocked the first time i took it out -- there was nowhere i was brave enough to go that the jeep wouldn't take me..

Comment

check out Rock-itMan Ultimate Rockers...theres a group buy right now.

Check out the write up:
              http://www.myjeeprocks.com/features/...ockers_Install

You wont get better coverage. Wheel well to wheel well, door to frame.

Check out the vendor section for the group buy.

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
                yes.. i am running 35x12.50r15 right now.. but as of this weekend i will be running 38x15.50r15
                therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by atticusblack View Post
                  is this directed toward me??
                  i'm pretty sure he was talking to me..
                  Yeah, it was for atticus! Didn't see his thread about rolling his jeep, did you? I posted it half tongue-in-cheek, but recovery is, and should be taken very seriously, so please, do read that everybody!
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Hey Atticusblack, I live in PB but right now im in Ventura. I will be going to Truckhaven this weekend with some guys from our club.

another thing on stock wheeling. get some skids for under your jeep. Since you are low to the ground you will be vulnerable at the oil pan, gas tank, and steering box. Those will be good for any trail. Then when you want to get into the rocks get some nice rockers. I went with Shrockworks, the cover more underneath, and got mine powder caoted with counter sunk bolts. love them!!
                    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                    X