X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teach me.

i have a stock jeep and i know nothing.

where do i start?

SEARCH is the first thing you should do... look around for companies in your price range and read what others have said about it. The obvious are a lift and tires.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

i'm thinking i wanna go full traction 4" LA, but i have a feeling i'll settle for the SA because i'm impatient and saving money has never been my strong suit..

if i go with 33's, what needs to be done as far as gearing, etc..?

Comment

Ultimately, what do you see yourself doing in it?

There are dozens of ways to go...but first you need to know what you intend on doing.

If I were you, Id get to know your stock Jeep first before committing to any lift, tires or gearing. Armor and protection (skids and such) are needed regardless what you decide to do and wont be affected by any buildup.

You will be surprised at how trail worthy a stock Jeep is. Get out and wheel your Jeep with a group doing easy stuff...

Good luck and welcome to the board

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Yeah. Listen to Tam. Wheel it stock and know your rig. Armor up. then worry about the big stuff.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Ditto. Go on a few trail rides, ask alot of questions, see what everyones' got and how much they spent then go from there.
            “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
            -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

San diego huh? where about? Im living down there right now and am going to school. But.. right now im back home Ventura and hitting up trails and fixing up my jeep for winter time!

the Jeep thing is addicting. dont waste money on show and shine stuff. first I would suggest you take your jeep wheeling and get it stuck! than call me and ill come and get ya
              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

as stated already get out and wheel.. learn how to wheel before you lift your jeep.. alot easier that way.. next look into body armour.. rocker panel protection is best. shop around and find what you think suits your application best.. find out what you want to do with your jeep(i.e. rock crawl, mainly mud, mall crawler) dont settle on something you dont like cause of price.. go for quailty and price..(RE has some good lifts and so does Nth Degree) when you see someone with a lifted jeep... ask them what they like about thier jeep. you can learn alot by talking to jeep owners.. and above all.. have fun with it and be safe.
                therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

Since it seems you had your jeep rolled while recovering it, I'd tell you to start by reading this:

RECOVERY BIBLE
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

wow. right on - didn't expect to get this much of a response.. first off, thanks everyone.. i half expected to be made fun of..

i figure i have at least another few months of wheeling stock, it seems to be the logical decision.. as for what i plan on doing with the jeep, it's definitely gonna be a daily driver, but i plan on spending almost as much time on the dirt as i do the street.. so i want something that is capable, but also practical for daily use..

i was actually looking around at body armor lately - whats the word on the poison spyder stuff? i really like the fenders and the rocker knockers.. they seem to be priced really well, too..

miguelitojeep97, i live off the 15fwy, kinda near the stadium.. what about you?

lucky for me, the people who got me into wheeling are all very experienced.. one manages the ORW in escondido, the other is an installer for four wheel parts.. that also comes in handy when i break stuff.. lol

Comment

Perhaps you can attend the Calico clean up ... the trails will be easy and you can get a feel for what other people have done with their rigs.
                      http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7670
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

sounds great -- i'll have to run it by the wife, but i'm sure she'll be up for it, she's a sucker for good causes

everyone get ready to save the rookie.. ;D

Comment

Poisin Spyder is some good stuff a little on the expensive side i think but overall good company. Also check out Chris' compnay I think theyre having a group buy on sliders for TJs
                          http://www.rock-itman.com/

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                            Since it seems you had your jeep rolled while recovering it, I'd tell you to start by reading this:

RECOVERY BIBLE
                            is this directed toward me??
                            therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by atticusblack View Post
                              wow. right on - didn't expect to get this much of a response.. first off, thanks everyone.. i half expected to be made fun of..

i figure i have at least another few months of wheeling stock, it seems to be the logical decision.. as for what i plan on doing with the jeep, it's definitely gonna be a daily driver, but i plan on spending almost as much time on the dirt as i do the street.. so i want something that is capable, but also practical for daily use..

i was actually looking around at body armor lately - whats the word on the poison spyder stuff? i really like the fenders and the rocker knockers.. they seem to be priced really well, too..

miguelitojeep97, i live off the 15fwy, kinda near the stadium.. what about you?

lucky for me, the people who got me into wheeling are all very experienced.. one manages the ORW in escondido, the other is an installer for four wheel parts.. that also comes in handy when i break stuff.. lol
                              rocker nockers look great and work just as good as they look... i have used mine lots of times.. also poison spyder is a great compay to deal with..

Comment

Working...
                              X