Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't post on treads like this very often because is hard not to piss somebody off, and anyone that knows me, knows how sensitive I am to other peoples feelings.

Ok, enough BS. People buy Jeeps for lots of different reasons, and none of them are wrong. Some buy them because it's cool to drive around on the street with the top off. They don't need lockers. Some buy them so they can get to a remote fishing spot, or to the ski lodge in the snow. They don't need lockers. Some want to take them offroad and just see some of the country off the beaten path. They don't need lockers. But some poeple bought their jeep for pure recreation. They like the challange of a loose, steep hill climb. They like the challange of hard core rock crawling. These people need lockers. You can tell who these poeple are even on trails that don't require lockers. They're the ones trying different, more difficult lines every chance they get. They have more lift, larger tires, roll bars, ect... And of course they also have body damage.

You can run all the way through the Rubicon without lockers. But you can't run the Little Sluice. You can run "most" of Moab without locker. You can run most of all the trails out there without lockers. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But if you like to be competitive with the people you wheel with, and you want to take the hard line the guy in front of you just took, you better have lockers, or thick skin. If you don't have lockers, you have two wheel drive.
    Last edited by Double AA; 09-03-06, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA
      I don't post on treads like this very often because is hard not to piss somebody off, and anyone that knows me, knows how sensitive I am to other peoples feelings.

Ok, enough BS. People buy Jeeps for lots of different reasons, and none of them are wrong. Some buy them because it's cool to drive around on the street with the top off. They don't need lockers. Some buy them so they can get to a remote fishing spot, or to the ski lodge in the snow. They don't need lockers. Some want to take them offroad and just see some of the country off the beaten path. They don't need lockers. But some poeple bought their jeep for pure recreation. They like the challange of a loose, steep hill climb. They like the challange of hard core rock crawling. These people need lockers. You can tell who these poeple are even on trails that don't require lockers. They're the ones trying different, more difficult lines every chance they get. They have more lift, larger tires, roll bars, ect... And of course they also have body damage.

You can run all the way through the Rubicon without lockers. But you can't run the Little Sluice. You can run "most" of Moab without locker. You can run most of all the trails out there without lockers. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But if you like to be competitive with the people you wheel with, and you want to take the hard line the guy in front of you just took, you better have lockers, or thick skin. If you don't have lockers, you have two wheel drive.
      True.

I'll add, if one of your favorite places to play happens to be JV, the only open diff you might be happy with, is in your tow rig.
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
        I'll add, if one of your favorite places to play happens to be JV, the only open diff you might be happy with, is in your tow rig.
        All depends on what part of JV you are playing in. I've spent plenty of time screaming across Soggy dry lake at 100mph (sometimes when it was dry, some times when it was kinda "soggy") with open diffs. There are plenty of places to go (in JV) where lockers are not needed.

Of course, the hammers are not included in those places I speak of. If you go there without lockers, your not gonna have a good day.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
        X