Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swbooking
    Those MTRs are really popular... $245 MSRP on Goodyears website... Deng thats an expensive tire. oh well, quality>price.

MT/R's all the way. You can find them for way cheaper. Discount Tires or Americas tire. I paid under 2 hundred for my 35's with warranty etc...
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Haha well looks like MTRs whoop on the competition...
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Another for MTRS , but i just bought I-rocks so we will see
        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
        www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

I run Hankook MT's mainly because of price, but my jeep is my daily driver and also my offroad vehicle, and i must say i am amazed with these tires almost 20'000 km's on them and they barly look worn, they might be cheap but they seem to be very good tires. awsome for snow. horrible for ice

Comment

Goodyear MT/R'S without concern for $$.

With $$ concern I love my BFG Mud's

Comment

BFG is the official tire of JeepSpeed ^^^^^
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I have run iroks, TSL/SX, 35" MTR, 37" MTR, BFG mud, AT, cooper radial discovery, dick cepek, and BFG krawlers.
                If I had a daily driver, I'd run MTR's hands down.
                pure rocks is tricky. the TSL/SX needed to spin for them to really hook up. while this is OK if you are running d-60's front and rear, most folks don't like it. Out east they rocked.
                I have been running krawlers for 2 years now and I believe they are the best rock crawling tire. i have had them in the snow a few times with no problems, but the MTR's are better in the snow (on the road) off road I had to air the krawlers down to about 5 PSI and then they hooked up great.
                The Iroks are the best bang for the buck for off road tires. $175 each and they are HUGE compared to other 36's and immense compared to 35's (even the 35x13.50 krawlers)
                I would run BGF muds because I like them on the road and the traction off road is great, but 1 trip to stoddard will shred an entire set of BFG muds.
                It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Dam well i cant have tires shredig on me like nothing. Im picking up those MTRs from rat patrol that were for sale a little while ago.
                  Last edited by swbooking; 07-07-06, 11:24 AM.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive
                    I have run iroks, TSL/SX, 35" MTR, 37" MTR, BFG mud, AT, cooper radial discovery, dick cepek, and BFG krawlers.
                    If I had a daily driver, I'd run MTR's hands down.
                    pure rocks is tricky. the TSL/SX needed to spin for them to really hook up. while this is OK if you are running d-60's front and rear, most folks don't like it. Out east they rocked.
                    I have been running krawlers for 2 years now and I believe they are the best rock crawling tire. i have had them in the snow a few times with no problems, but the MTR's are better in the snow (on the road) off road I had to air the krawlers down to about 5 PSI and then they hooked up great.
                    The Iroks are the best bang for the buck for off road tires. $175 each and they are HUGE compared to other 36's and immense compared to 35's (even the 35x13.50 krawlers)
                    I would run BGF muds because I like them on the road and the traction off road is great, but 1 trip to stoddard will shred an entire set of BFG muds.
                    WOW! Great Post! You Rock!:thumbs_up

Comment

I run swampers in the summer and I drilled and studded my BFG mud terrains for the winter. I happy with both. Driving ice locked up is a hoot. Stab the throttle to get out in traffic, let off the throttle so you can turn. You get used to it.

Comment

another vote for procomp xterrains, although i have nothing to compare them to. just be careful on ice with them (like any other tire) !!...on all other surfaces they're exceptional.
                        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

I've run BFG MTs, MT/Rs, Firestone Destination MTs, and now Interco Trxus MTs.

Like previous posters have mentioned, BFG's (other than Krawlers) have fairly weak sidewalls. If you run rocks, avoid them, but otherwise they're good tires.

The MT/Rs are great in the rocks and good in snow and on the road. They are horrible in mud, however. Which I why I got rid of them.

Both the Destination MTs and Trxus MTs are better all around tires than the previous two. Both have thick sidewalls and are good in mud. The Destinations are wider and squarer and tend to float while the Trxus MTs tend to dig. I like the Trxus better for a winter wheeling tire, but the Destinations were a better daily driver tire. Big negative for the Destinations is size limitation - they don't come larger than 33".

Comment

Working...
                          X