Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison Spider Rocker Knockers

I'm thinking of getting some Rocker Knockers this summer after I graduate and put my lift on and jank. My main reason for getting them is b/c I went trail riding a couple weeks ago and KILLED my body underneath my pass. side door with a tree. I'm just trying to think/plan ahead. I will be doing a 2" BB and 1" BL. My question is since the Knockers also bolt to the body/frame mounts will they not fit with the 1" BL. If they don't looks like I'm gunna be shopping for another set. What other kinds would you guys reccomend in the 250$ range. also want to get something with rails on it cuz the chicks I date are kinda short and always fall out of my Jeep (HAHAHA I love that though). Also what cheaper but HD rear bumper with swing away tire should I get. Cuz I'm gunna have a 32" spare in the back and dont want to kill my tailgate.
    A7X
    -Kodiak Wintergreen
    -1997 SE Raingler
    -31" BFG AT's
    -2" BB and 1" BL coming soon
    -Custom Exhaust
    -750 watt Sub and Amp

Are you speaking of Rockers?
    check out the ones by Rock-it Man, they are more than the price range you quoted but are excellent rockers
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

look at rock it man for the rocker protection..
      for the tailgate, a tj can carry up to 33" tire adequately
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Kool Kool now that I don't have to get a swinger I can drop more or fab my own rockers. I'm going to be apprenticing (or hwvr you spell it) at a steel shop this summer so I'll get good with metal working. Thanks all and were could I find those Rock-It-Man rockers?
        A7X
        -Kodiak Wintergreen
        -1997 SE Raingler
        -31" BFG AT's
        -2" BB and 1" BL coming soon
        -Custom Exhaust
        -750 watt Sub and Amp

Comment

Originally posted by fwak
          Kool Kool now that I don't have to get a swinger I can drop more or fab my own rockers. I'm going to be apprenticing (or hwvr you spell it) at a steel shop this summer so I'll get good with metal working. Thanks all and were could I find those Rock-It-Man rockers?
          www.rock-itman.com
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

http://www.shrockworks.com
            The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan
              what's so great about those?
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                what's so great about those?

I apologize, I just looked at the site. You can actually jack up your Jeep using those. killer.
                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

I have the PS rockers, I got a steal-deal on them from a guy that never mounted them on his jeep. They are nice units, but not nearly as well mounted as Rock-it-Man rockers. If you don't make them yourself get them from Chris.
                  Oh, and they mount under the body so it doesn't matter how much body lift you have.

Comment

I have jacked the side of my jeep using my high lift and the rail on my Rock-itman sliders.

They are solid.

Navy-Jeepster
                    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

sar·casm
                      n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
                      2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
                      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                        I apologize, I just looked at the site. You can actually jack up your Jeep using those. killer.
                        Oh man, that was funny....
                        Supe
                        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                        Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

I put a set of curries on mine, and about a year later Rock-itman developed his, If I was to do it today I would deffinately go Rock-itman, they offer the best protection on the market, IMHO. I will tell you, when you are under your jeep and notice a huge dent in your rocker, how much coverage is suddenly an issue, lucky mine are all in the middle but I get nervous now about the inches that the curries do not cover
                          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                            I put a set of curries on mine, and about a year later Rock-itman developed his, If I was to do it today I would deffinately go Rock-itman, they offer the best protection on the market, IMHO. I will tell you, when you are under your jeep and notice a huge dent in your rocker, how much coverage is suddenly an issue, lucky mine are all in the middle but I get nervous now about the inches that the curries do not cover
                            Ditto most of what blackZZR said, except for me, put "Shrockworks" where he has Curries.
                            -Bob
                            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

to help explain why the "high-lift test" isn't a good indicator of rocker strength, I stole this post from another form...

Originally posted by mrblaine
                              Here's why that test is not an indicator of anything other than static forces which are basically half the weight of the rig. Put the rig in motion and drop it from various heights and those forces multiply exponentially.

Watch the hit the rock rail takes on the first rig going up this fall-

Sun Bonnent Movie Test
                              as for rockers in general, they should protect them, from front to back, all the way. If they don't you run the risk of crushing the unprotected ends. ask me how I know. :yay:
                              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X