Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im also a big fan of MTR's. I love the 40's im running on my YJ. Best tire i've used for my conditions and wheeling.
    90 YJ, 40" MTR's, 102 WB, 5.13's, 4.1, & stuff

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
      calm down Bri, I think he stayed at a holiday inn last night.

so do you think your tire problems are from wear or manufacturing???

<edit> fwiw... the whole MTR thing out here is based on rock traction and durability. BFG MTs don't hold up. BFG Krawlers kick ass. ProComps don't stick. Interco tires vari. that's all I know. </edit>
      Don't mind me. I'm just in a smart-ass mood lately.

If someone tells me that I should only buy one kind of tire, they should offer a reason as to why they feel all other tires are inferior. If there is no explaination as to why they have that opinion, there is no reason to believe that opinion.

And screw holiday inn....there aren't any rocks in their parking lots.:poop:
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I run the Krawlers. I've pulled a lot of stuff out of the side walls without loosing the tire. They do have a stiff side wall and to get the great performance bead locks are a must..unfortunatly I dont, at this time have bead locks.....but they do work great!
        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
        WEB site

Comment

pro comp review

i've had pro comp Xterrains on my jeep for about 3 months and I'm really pleased with them. They're great for street and highway driving, not very loud at all as you would expect. They're also excellent in heavy rain, they'll stop on a dime and don't skid. They're pretty sticky on the road. They're also great on the snow, both packed and powder. Only complaint on the road is: they absolutely SUCK on ice. be very careful on icy roads.

Have only been wheeling in them a few times but I've been pleased with them so far. They seem to work very well in mud, snow, dirt, and on rocks except that mud tends to get stuck in between the lugs and doesn't clean itself out very well, I have experienced this as well as heard it from another buddy that has been using them on his jeep for several years. They're great when you air them down and they really seem to bite the terrain with a lot of confidence.

I've put about 3,000 miles on them so far and I've noticed basically no tread wear except for damage that happened off-road. If you're looking for an excellent tire that's more aggressive than a mud tire and will actually still give you on-road performance, I'd go with these.

Sorry...my :2: turned into :2: :2: ...
          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

i have 33 inch buckshot maxxis mudders lol 33/12.50 on 15 inch rims with 3 3/4 backspacing and im like 3 inchs from rubbing anything but with stock rims the back will rub like a mofo lol
            [COLOR="DarkOrange"][LEFT]2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport 4.0
            2 Inch Suspension, 3 Inch Body
            33 Inch Buckshot Maxxis Mudders
            on 15 Inch Pacer Sawblades 3 3/4" backspacing[/LEFT][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X