Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires?

looking for a good fit?
    i have a 05 rubi with a 4.5 re super flex lift, i would like to keep my stock rims 16x8. my ? what size tire would be a good fit 33 or 35? Heeelp!
    also would like tire to be a mud terrain.:confused2 :confused:
    Not In The Office Look For Me on The Trail's!
    It's a "Jeep Thing" you just wouldn't understand ....

I like my BFG's but thats another thing,

watch for the warranty's, Personally I will only buy my tires at
    "American Tire company"

I couldn't begin to tell you how many tires they have changed and no questions asked.:thumbs_up :thumbs_up
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

I changed to 15" rims and went with 35" baja claws and they have performed flawlessly
      '06 Unlimited Rubicon

Comment

I have the same lift and my 34 truxus mt's fit perfect.

Comment

Any body lift? If so, you can probably get away with 35"s, no problem. I am a HUGE fan of BFG MT's, but on my truck I run biased swampers...

Comment

no body lift. been talking to some friends and looks like im going to go with 33

Comment

Originally posted by FRMNJJ
              I have the same lift and my 34 truxus mt's fit perfect.
              do they rub when you turn your steering wheel lock to lock?

Comment

I have a '03 rubicon, same lift as you but with the 3.5" springs, stock wheels and 285/75R16 goodyear MT/R's. They rub at full lock...but barely. One washer uner each steering stop, and everything clears...but there is no way I could fit any bigger of a tire. Simply by adding one inch of extra lift will not be sufficient to clear a *wider* tire (assuming you keep the stock wheels) than a 285, although you will be able to clear a slightly *taller* tire than a 285/75R16, assuming your bump stops are also set one inch taller than mine.
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I am running the RE 4.5 on my TJ with 35" MTR. No rub but my wheels have 3.75 backspacing.
                  Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Well For My Two Cents I Prefer Lots Of Clearence Id Go With The 33

Comment

Just put some of the new 35" Cooper Discoverer STT's on my wifes TJ and they work awesome!! I've tested them in all conditions and none of which disappointed me. - Product Review

90 YJ, 40" MTR's, 102 WB, 5.13's, 4.1, & stuff

Comment

Looks like a rugged tire. I'll be in the market for 35's soon. How did the price test turn out on these?
                        1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Originally posted by sam 15
                          Looks like a rugged tire. I'll be in the market for 35's soon. How did the price test turn out on these?
                          Trust me, get MTRs and nothing else.
                          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                            Trust me, get MTRs and nothing else.
                            Based on what information/experience?

Have you tried EVERY other tire, in EVERY terrain, under EVERY condition?

MT/R's are damn good tires, but they are definately not the end-all, be-all of tires. I hear many complaints of them wearing in odd ways (two of mine aren't even friggin round), they are nearly impossible to balance and keep balanced, they are expensive, and they flat out suck in snow above about 8psi.

They really only have 3 things going for them. They have a awesome sidewall, they stick pretty well to rocks, and the tread blocks don't rip off like BFG's do. But the same can be said for Swamper SSR's, which have superior sidewall durability to the goodyears. Nitto terra-grappler A/T's perform amazingly well for a mild pattern A/T tire when you drop the pressure to 10psi and push them against rocks...and they don't have the balance problems of the goodyears. I know 2 people running the new Cooper tires, both are very happy with them (even in the rocks). The new interco tire (forgot the name) looks promising as well. I see quite a few Yokohama geolander AT +II's on the trails, with very few people having problems with them.

My point is that just because the MT/R is a great tire, does not mean that it is the ONLY tire out there worth considering. If you like them, great. But why should someone simply take your word for it that they are the only tire worth considering? How about a REASON someone should "trust you"?
                            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                              Based on what information/experience?

Have you tried EVERY other tire, in EVERY terrain, under EVERY condition?

MT/R's are damn good tires, but they are definately not the end-all, be-all of tires. I hear many complaints of them wearing in odd ways (two of mine aren't even friggin round), they are nearly impossible to balance and keep balanced, they are expensive, and they flat out suck in snow above about 8psi.

They really only have 3 things going for them. They have a awesome sidewall, they stick pretty well to rocks, and the tread blocks don't rip off like BFG's do. But the same can be said for Swamper SSR's, which have superior sidewall durability to the goodyears. Nitto terra-grappler A/T's perform amazingly well for a mild pattern A/T tire when you drop the pressure to 10psi and push them against rocks...and they don't have the balance problems of the goodyears. I know 2 people running the new Cooper tires, both are very happy with them (even in the rocks). The new interco tire (forgot the name) looks promising as well. I see quite a few Yokohama geolander AT +II's on the trails, with very few people having problems with them.

My point is that just because the MT/R is a great tire, does not mean that it is the ONLY tire out there worth considering. If you like them, great. But why should someone simply take your word for it that they are the only tire worth considering? How about a REASON someone should "trust you"?
                              calm down Bri, I think he stayed at a holiday inn last night.

so do you think your tire problems are from wear or manufacturing???

<edit> fwiw... the whole MTR thing out here is based on rock traction and durability. BFG MTs don't hold up. BFG Krawlers kick ass. ProComps don't stick. Interco tires vari. that's all I know. </edit>
                              Last edited by blkTJ; 03-23-06, 01:18 AM.
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                              X