Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help - Tire Mounting

Okay starting this as a new thread to get attention. I am have major problems mounting the tires.

Here is what I am doing.

I lay the tire down on the ground so the white letter is facing up. I want the white letter on the back of the tire.

I spray the bed facing up with some simple green.

I slide the rim FACE down into the tire at an angle. By face I mean the side with the bead lock ring, the outer locker ring is off.

I try beating the chit out of the rim with a dead blow hammer. The bead never pops in.

So where am I going wrong?

I'll check back in a little bit. If you want, PM me a number where I can call.

Thanks
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

From your description it sounds like your doing it backwards.

You want the outer rim face UP, with the rim laying flat on the ground. Start the tire onto the rim (white letters down) and push that inner bead over the front beadlock area.

Then, the outer bead just sits in the groove and you apply the ring.

Hope that makes sence...

Comment

Ah, I re-read your descrition and your not doing it backwards, just the hard way. Your trying to push the rim int the tire. You will have more leverage trying to push the tire ove the rim.

My first one litteraly popped right on. The others I had to step onto the tire.

Edit: What tire are you mounting? I cant imagine needing a deadblow hammer

Comment

Mounting 35x12.50 R15 MTR on 15x8 Champion Beadlocks.

I have managed to get the back bead (the side with white letters) 80% on. There is just a little bit left that won't go in. GRRR

I hate everyone that has had there's just pop in

Matt. thanks for the tips. I am going to go try steping on the tire som and see if the final part of the back bead pops in.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Okay one down!

I think I got the hang of it now, so the others should not be as much as a battler.
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
          X