Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had difficulty finding valve stems that would fit the Champions, they had to be ordered. MrBlaine suggests either welding closed or plugging the holes with shorty stems, and drilling new holes on the inside of the wheel. You can then use an angled valve stem and point it through the wheel to the front. I personally have never broken a valve stem (I only wheel at the mall) so I haven't done this modification, but it is something you might consider.

I mount mine on a 5 gallon bucket, fairly simple. I tighten by hand, only use an air rachet to remove.

Don't forget to check the bolts after 50 and 100 miles, it takes a few checks before they settle into place. After that I check once a month, and after every wheeling trip.

Pick up some extra bolts to keep as spares.

Comment

hmmm

what's wrong with wd40?

Comment

ahh, yeah, that bucket thing works well

Comment

Picked up the beadlocks yesterday, they are a thing of beauty

I found some 2" plastic valve stems that will work, if I have to use them. A friend told me of a place locally that might have the angled ones so going to give them a try this morning.
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

These are really close to the valve stems that I used except mine were only a 45* bend. I think the 90* would make it hard to air up

They werent easy to find. Finally found them at a shop that builds race quads.

Comment

Tires are mounted on the beadlocks and they are on the Jeep (pics maybe tomorrow).

Somethings that really helped me out:

1. WD40 seemed to work a lot better than Simple Green
              2. Tire spoons!!!! Made pulling the rim over the outer bead very easy
              3. Flag stones. I took some flag stones (12 x12) from my yard, made 4 stacks of 3, rested the tire on them so that only the tires was on the stones. I then proceeded to jump up and down like a mad man until the bead set

As for valve stems. The 2" plastic ones I picked up from AutoZone seem like they are going to work very well. I'd like some nice 90* ones but there is no way in hell I am taking the tires off just to put in some valve stems
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                1. WD40 seemed to work a lot better than Simple Green
                YAY! i helped, that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Glad to hear it worked well.

What we did in the military with the two part rims was place a runflat (perfect size) under the rim to lift it up off the ground enough to give the tire clearance so it was quiet easy to tighten and seal the rim. but ofcourse those weren't beadlocks, just thought it was interesting.

Can't wait to see um.

Comment

I then proceeded to jump up and down like a mad man until the bead set.
                  The inner bead? Air pressure works well too. :thumbs_up

Comment

Originally posted by TJeeper
                    The inner bead? Air pressure works well too. :thumbs_up
                    Tried that also. Did not want to work for me but I think there was a lot of stuff I was not doing correctly. In a year or two when I put new tires on hopefully I will remember everything I did wrong and can use air to seat the inner bead.
                    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

In a year or two when I put new tires on

This place needs a smiley that is a sound file of truly hysterical laughter. You're gonna play in the rocks and expect all your tires to last a year or two?
                      I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine
                        This place needs a smiley that is a sound file of truly hysterical laughter. You're gonna play in the rocks and expect all your tires to last a year or two?

Well if that proves to the case with the limited wheeling I get to do then I will just run 2 sets of tires. AT for the DD stuff then save the MTRs for offroading. That will be a PIA for sure.
                        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Well if that proves to the case with the limited wheeling I get to do then I will just run 2 sets of tires. AT for the DD stuff then save the MTRs for offroading. That will be a PIA for sure.
                          Hey Michael,
                          I just did that same thing. I got a new set of AT's 33x10.5 on the stock rims and will keep the 33x12.5 MTR for offroad but in my case it's more of a medical thing. I'm losing my hearing (in one ear) and need to quite my world when possible. What a difference all the way around, handling, gas milage and of course decibels.

For those of you who know me this is not good, Tom

Comment

Sorry to hear about the hearing loss Tom
                            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                            X