Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the ones that are not stripped you could use a small punch and a hammer to shock the threads loose. i.e. the bolt head wont turn, strike it with a hammer a few times , wow it wants to come right off
    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by matt2001tj
      For the ones that are not stripped you could use a small punch and a hammer to shock the threads loose.
      That works unbelievably well most the time! I second that!

Comment

Be careful not to break the extractor off ....they are damn near impossible to drill through once this happens.

Comment

the ones that arent stripped turn fine, they just wont back themsleves out.... they just sort of spin in place

Comment

On Mine There Where Nut On The Back And They Where Realy Hard To Get To With The Wrench Considering They Were Completly Behind The Dash With Tons Of Obsticles

Comment

Please refer to my previous post
              "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

i put cj mirrors on my yj and had to change the hinges, same problem.

i was able to get a wrench up behind the dash and then unscrew the torx heads.

Comment

Originally posted by killwhytey07
                  Aww come on now, Im not lucky enough to have a garage and Ohio isn't the warmest place in the world, you know highs of 20 degrees..... I'll get em done, I have a feeling I want em more than you!
                  Come on man it's a Jeep thing!!!I'm in upstate NY and I changed the oil in Jr's CJ7 outside last month when it was 3 degrees out!!Now...I'm not saying I didn't use some expletives in regards to Jr's Firebird tying up one bay of the garage...of course I didn't have any problem with the second bay being filled with all my cylinder head equipment and bead blast cabinet,welding equipment,etc...
                  I've had the best luck on the Cj's by unbolting the dash,using a taorks to hold the screws and a 1/2" socket to loosen the nuts.I think the 'nanas idea of drilling the heads off is your best bet.If they spin while drilling and you can get a wrench on the back side you could use a left hand drill bit and maybe they will spin out as you drill.
                  "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

Comment

Strictly Jeep has a point. Mine also had nuts up under the dash that were hard to find due to location, wires and sealing putty. When you do find them, a small flat head screwdriver helps to peal back the sealer and a 1/4" drive ratchet with a deep socket does the trick. Note: It doesn't hurt to have someone with small hands assist.

Comment

I stripped damn everyone of them when I did my mirror relocators and KC light mounts. I had great luck with the stubby extractors that fit in a 1/2 in socket that way you can put some behind on it with a large ratchet. I drilled them about 1/2 way and then tapped the extractor in with a hammer and out they came. Good luck........!
                      :beer: Is Good.....

Comment

So, remember how i said I was going to drill them out? Yeah, F that. I just grinded that paint off, and welded the suckers straight to the hinges. I know, I know, I took the easy way out, but I don't even care. I'm gonna grind the welds and paint them tomorrow. Already took a drive with the doors off, and it felt great. Thanks for the advice anyway!

Comment

Working...
                        X