Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have any opinions on mile marker winches?

Comment

Originally posted by dr hook
      anyone have any opinions on mile marker winches?
      Yes. As I said earlier in this thread, if I had to pay for a winch, I would pay for a Warn. Milemarker quality is not the best. Their prices are good (cheap), but you get what you pay for.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
        Yes. As I said earlier in this thread, if I had to pay for a winch, I would pay for a Warn. Milemarker quality is not the best. Their prices are good (cheap), but you get what you pay for.

ok, thanks. when taxes come back i plan on buying one for my new toy and im just wondering what brand i should go with. looks like warn or ramsey.

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
          What happened to T-max? Unfortunately I haven't really had a chance to test mine for real. My wheeling days pretty much stopped right after I got it last year (mainly due to gas prices and now due to winter).
          03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
          "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Seapahn, I still have the Tmax EW9000 that Stutz Industries gave me at SEMA. I finished the product testing and inspections as agreed upon. Since I have it, I use it. But the winch has failed 2 times since I installed it. First time the brake failed. Stutz replaced it for free. This was 5 months (and well over 2000 feet worth of pull) into a 6 month test cycle. In Baja last December, the remote failed. I was able to disassemble the remote on site and get it to work...sort of. Unfortunately, the winch was a wee bit small for the job (no fault of the winch...I just needed more than 9000 pounds worth of force to extract a ford stuck in a tidal zone). Once I got it home, I pulled the switch apart and cleaned the contacts. It is once again operational.

The things I don't like about the Tmax are mainly the controller. I hear that they have redesigned it, so it may take care of the things I don't like about it. The biggest thing was the lack of redundant solenoids like Warn has. Warn has 2 forward and 2 reverse solenoids, Tmax only has 1 of each.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
              I'm beginning to think that website is skitzo! Good luck on the winch bro, when I get some moola saved up I'm getting one of my own too... for now... vacuum system must be tackled today.
              you cant link to ads on recycler. they change them too quickly. you havce to copy the info, and paste "that"
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
              X