Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winch

Looking to buy a winch warn m8000 or mile marker se 9500?
    any tips on what winch is better. tks in advance:doh
    Not In The Office Look For Me on The Trail's!
    It's a "Jeep Thing" you just wouldn't understand ....

I have the M8000. It is an older model now so you should be able to get a good price. I think I paid $500 delivered. It's a great winch. I have used it a lot and it has never flinched. It is slower than newer models but this has never bothered me.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

I bought my warn 8274 used($500) complete, online from recycler.com
      Love it!

Hint
      If your going to buy from recycler have cash in hand and the engine warmed up they go fast when they get posted.
      [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
      In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Warn has the best reputation, and their price reflects it. But....if I were to pay for a winch, it would be a Warn.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
          Warn has the best reputation, and their price reflects it. But....if I were to pay for a winch, it would be a Warn.
          Thanks Guy's so true should think of quality not price. guess I'll be looking for a warn:thumbs_up

Comment

check this out... http://my.recycler.com/asp/AdDetails...0&iC=150&iSC=0
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by clarksinca
              This guy may be somewhat local to me. If you need me to snap some pics or to check it out let me know..
              Supe
              97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
              Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

I do not want to sound like a All warn or die kinda guy, but I have owned warns before, as I do now, and THey are solid as rocks, I have never had a problem with one. It would be my first pick
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

Ramsey's not bad either.

Well, Warn has an AWESOME reputation... however I went to combat (in the Gulf War) with Pete Ramsey Jr. As in Ramsey Winch company... I'm pretty sure I can get good customer service with them and may go with one of their winches... which have a pretty good reputation as well IMHO.

Comment

[QUOTE=clarksinca]check this out... http://my.recycler.com/asp/AdDetails...0&iC=150&iSC=0[/QU
                    tks for the input(ramsey) i called about the adv in recy looks like a good deal i am going out to look at that one today hope it's as nice as he say's?

Comment

tks

Originally posted by TJSUPE
                      This guy may be somewhat local to me. If you need me to snap some pics or to check it out let me know..
                      he is about 20 min from my house i am going to take a look at (buy?) it.
                      tks for the offer that was very nice of you.

Comment

warranty?

does anyone know if the lifetime warranty goes with the winch or just to the original buyer?

Comment

Originally posted by clarksinca
                          odd...when I click on that link, it shows me a $5.00 Hoover vacuum cleaner that needs a new belt, but "still works"! LOL :haha:
                          -Bob
                          '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
                            odd...when I click on that link, it shows me a $5.00 Hoover vacuum cleaner that needs a new belt, but "still works"! LOL :haha:
                            strang? but good for me maybe know one else will snatch it up.:wink:

Comment

I'm beginning to think that website is skitzo! Good luck on the winch bro, when I get some moola saved up I'm getting one of my own too... for now... vacuum system must be tackled today.

Comment

Working...
                              X