Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks

Ok, here is the deal. to make a long story short, I need new rear shocks on the TJ, and I need to relocate the lower mount due to the lift and pinion angle change (shock body hits the spring buckets).

Shock shifter options: Tera ($45), Nth Degree ($105), Generic weld-on ($45). I like the fact that Nth degree moves the mount outboard and hides it behind the control arm. I like the price of the other options, but they both leave the bar pin on the upper mount, and the bushings are oriented the wrong way for optimal performance/life of bushings. Thoughts of each &/or other options?

Shock Options: I have DT-3000's on it now, and they suck. Opinions of others?

Now before anyone tells me to notch the frame and weld in a pair of Ford superduty shock towers and install a set of Fox racing shocks.....yes, it is a great mod, but no, it does not fit my budget. So that is not an option....particularly when you consider that I may still put the jeep up for sale this year.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

I have used Rancho 9000 and Walker Evans Shocks. I did not like either.

With the WER I used the Currie rear shock extenders to help clear the spring pad. $29, bolt-in and no problems with them so far. Other will say they are just waiting to get caught on rocks, but what lower rear shock mount isnt?
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
      ....Other will say they are just waiting to get caught on rocks, but what lower rear shock mount isnt?
      Nth Degree, and generic weld-on mounts (assuming you weld them on such that they don't hang below the axle tube) both take care of the problem....
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

My axle is rotated due to the pinion angle change too but I just flipped my rear shocks over which gives plenty of clearance. Some shocks don't do well upside down but most do ok. I had no problem running DT-3000, RockKrawler, and presently RE "Extreme" monotube shocks upside down.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

I run the Nth Degree and reaaly like them. Shocks are where they like to be, and it was an easy upgrade.:thumbs_up
          That's a BIG rock!

Comment

did the nth drgree thing to my jeep, and I love it
            I had the Tera brackets, they do a good job for moving the shock away from the spring, but the nth degree setup moves them away from the center of the axle and more of a out of the way place
            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
              Now before anyone tells me to notch the frame and weld in a pair of Ford superduty shock towers and install a set of Fox racing shocks.....yes, it is a great mod, but no, it does not fit my budget. So that is not an option...
              that renders my responce totally moot. :yay:
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I run the Nth package and it works great. The shock mounts are below the axle, but all the way outboard.....BJ

Comment

Working...
                X