Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering bushings?

Hey guys,

I don't know if this is a common problem but my steering's been getting progressively sketchier (dead space like woah). I guess all those trail runs are catching up to me...anyway am I correct in assuming that the problem lies in shot steering bushings? If so what sort of a job is it replacing them? Gotta head south for the winter and I don't feel like dealing with "wandering" for 1200 miles..

have someone look at the steering while you move the wheel back and forth in the "dead spot". the problem should be obvious. report.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Did you ever resolve this problem? This weekend I noticed some play in my steering box. I am wondering how extensive of a rebuild it is.
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
      Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
        Did you ever resolve this problem? This weekend I noticed some play in my steering box. I am wondering how extensive of a rebuild it is.
        are you sure it's in the box and not a bad tre?
        myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
          are you sure it's in the box and not a bad tre?
          Yup. I had someone turn the steering wheel back and forth and sat in front watching.
          Supe
          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
            Yup. I had someone turn the steering wheel back and forth and sat in front watching.
            I would buy an upgraded box as opposed to rebuilding the one you've got. You'll want to do it someday up the road anyway, trust me.
            myJeeprocks.com

Comment

That will be definately on the to do list sooner rather than later.
              Supe

Comment

Upgrade the Box..........BJ

Comment

Other than not having the steering stops in an after market box, what other up grades do they have?
                  [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                  In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Working...
                  X