Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help with suggestions?

Our headlights on "Marvin" keep going on and off, but now they stay out. Tom has looked at the switch and can't find anything wrong there. The parking lights all work and so does the foot well light.

Has anyone else had this same problem, how did you fix it?

If no one has had this problem, what do you suggest?

We are getting ready to put on new headlights on payday.
    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
    Glad to be back in California!

this happened to me once in big bear and never again.

I assume there is a relay for the headlights, I'd check that first.

good luck.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
      Our headlights on "Marvin" keep going on and off, but now they stay out. Tom has looked at the switch and can't find anything wrong there. The parking lights all work and so does the foot well light.

Has anyone else had this same problem, how did you fix it?

If no one has had this problem, what do you suggest?

We are getting ready to put on new headlights on payday.
      You might want to take another look at the switch. It can easily cause an intermittent fault. The internal contacts are very small which causes them to overheat, corrode etc...

Try removing the switch and hot wiring the connector with a couple of jumpers.

I got a new switch which fixed my headlamp probs. Then I got a painless wiring relay loom to prevent the switch from buring out again.
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

I just had to replace my headlight switch. The dealership wanted $90 , I got one at napa for$30. I would give that a try.
        T
        456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Ok! Thanks guys!! Tom will probably pick up the switch later this week. In the meantime, Marvin can't go out at nights
          1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
          Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Let there be light!

The new switch worked. Picked it up at autozone $29.99. Quick install and now the lights work fine. I never realized the switch contacts were that fragile. When looking at the schematics, I assumed the switch was a durable piece and the problem would be one of the more volatile components like a fuse or the lamp itself. But the switch did the trick. A big THANK YOU to everyone for the help!
            It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
            and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Working...
            X