Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
    Do you have limited slip/friction modifier additive for your gear oil for the axle that will have the detroit?
    If not, no big deal because no Tractech product like their Detroit Locker or Detroit Truetrac requires the limited slip/friction modifier additive. Either product is just as happy without the additive as it is with it.
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

TJSUPE
      I have a d44 driveshaft with the slip joint
      I know the d35 shaft will not work
      so if you want to do some horse trading, just hollar
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
        Of note, I'm running the Currie junk, it's 4". But the rear springs are too soft and the dual rate doesn't work worth a crap. It just uses up all the initial soft rate and sits on the heavier rate. So I'm going to order RE 4.5", they have a little stiffer rate, and they are a constant rate spring. Even with a 3/4" spacer under the currie's I'm still sitting low. And the springs are crushing the urethane spacers so they're virtually worthless now. Especially after beating them on the 'con.
        Interesting. I have 4 friends running the Currie springs, including myself, and I've had no sagging or other issues. They were an enormous improvement over the Tera that was on the TJ and my other friends said they work as well as the Pro Comp they were running.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
          TJSUPE
          I have a d44 driveshaft with the slip joint
          I know the d35 shaft will not work
          so if you want to do some horse trading, just hollar
          My D35 stock drive shaft is perfectly happy on the Rubi D44 rear.
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Humm I remember swapping mine out even swap (no money changing hands just swapping)after changing mine
            Well maybe I can off it to someone as a spare then
            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
            X