Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35" & Wheel Size

For those of you running 35x12.50 15's on your TJ's, what wheel size and backspacing have you found to be a good combo?
    -Carpe Weekendum

15x8 with 3.75 to 4" of backspacing is ideal. If you air down for offroading, avoid the wider 15x10 wheel which will then make the tire need more air pressure to avoid losing the bead when you're aired down for offroading.
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

I've got 4.5" BS and it works. Less might be better. get 8" wheels.
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
        I actually prefer 4.5" of BS over 4" or 3.75 but it's hard to find wheels with that much backspacing. I can't even find aluminum wheels I like with 4.5" which is why I'm now running 3.75" BS after converting from the ProComp Rock Crawler steel wheels with 4.5" BS I used to run to aluminum.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

I run 15x7 with 3.75 bs.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Thanks for the good numbers. I currently have 33x10.50 15's on 8" Cragar 397's with 4"B.S. under a 4" coil lift. Want to try to stuff the 35x12.50's up under the rig...any thoughts on that?
            -Carpe Weekendum

Comment

You have any probs with the 35's rubbing the LCA with that BS?? I have the same BS but thought it might rub as i do a littel bit with 33's
              04TJ, 4.0 5spd
              4" rough country springs
              Nth degree arms upper and lower
              1" Currie MML/BL
              Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
              33"BFG MT's
              Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by avnative
                You have any probs with the 35's rubbing the LCA with that BS?? I have the same BS but thought it might rub as i do a littel bit with 33's
                my steering stops have been adjusted so no rubbing on the control arms. I do rub the anti-rock arms once and awhile.
                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

my steering stops have been adjusted so no rubbing on the control arms. I do rub the anti-rock arms once and awhile.
                  cool!! Appreciate the input, when i upgrade my axle im wanting to put 35's on but was afraid of rubbing worse, but will just have to put some of those high priced steering stop adjusters in (washers).. LOL LOL
                  04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                  4" rough country springs
                  Nth degree arms upper and lower
                  1" Currie MML/BL
                  Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                  33"BFG MT's
                  Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by avnative
                    cool!! Appreciate the input, when i upgrade my axle im wanting to put 35's on but was afraid of rubbing worse, but will just have to put some of those high priced steering stop adjusters in (washers).. LOL LOL
                    I forgot to mention that I've got the warn hub conversion, which adds approx .9" to each side. :oops:

but I did run the 35s on sledgehammer and at moab before the hubs. it was fine. :yay:
                    myJeeprocks.com

Comment

This thread was about TJ BS. You think anything is different for YJ's on BS???
                      92 YJ 4.0 A/T, H/T
                      Stock :sad:

Comment

Originally posted by zeeman918
                        This thread was about TJ BS. You think anything is different for YJ's on BS???
                        I run 35x12.50x15 MT/R's on M/T Classic II's with 3.75" b/s and the Warn HCK & SOA. No rubbing at the leafs & no steering stop adjustments.

Comment

35x12.5 MTRs on 15x8 6mm offset wheels (4 3/4" BS) ... they tuck perfectly under the fender flares of the rubicon.
                          Last edited by seapahn; 08-22-05, 10:46 PM.
                          03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                          "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Me too. . . I run Mickey Thomspon Classics (the old forged wheels made by Alcoa).

Comment

Working...
                            X