Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Dome Light FYI

So I'm getting ready for a Rubicon run w/the doors off and what to do about the door switches. I've seen things that keep them depressed (conseling may help there) and a guy at 4Wheel Parts told me to just pull the plug on the back of the switch (not easy to get to) but the owners manual had the best idea of all. There is a fuse called "Door Switch Defeat" or something close to that behind the glovebox and it works! The dome light stills works from the switch and the ignition switch, only the door switch was defeated.
    And I almost bought something for this. There's also a clutch pedal switch defeat fuse. Only in a Jeep!

B&T TJ

Sweet! I have read that it is fuse #4 on Rubicons... was that the same one on yours?

Michael
    1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
    3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Originally posted by RUBICONN
      Sweet! I have read that it is fuse #4 on Rubicons... was that the same one on yours?

Michael
      Yes, that's the one. I just put the fuse in #18 (spare fuse) which presently is in the clutch pedal switch defeat spot.

B&T TJ

Comment

Some people wire up a toggle switch in line with fuse 4 (you can use an add-a-circuit they sell at auto stores) but I've never felt the need to put the fuse back even with the doors
        03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
        "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Not to point out the obvious, but your wisdom in reading the owners manual is profound and rare. The same can be said for purchasing a factory service manual if you plan on working on your own Jeep...
          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by rick
            The same can be said for purchasing a factory service manual if you plan on working on your own Jeep...
            hey now...
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by rick
              Not to point out the obvious, but your wisdom in reading the owners manual is profound and rare. The same can be said for purchasing a factory service manual if you plan on working on your own Jeep...
              Funny you bring that up, yes I do have one of those too. A CD I got on ebay for $15, one of the best ebay purchases I've made there. Profound, I was just trying to find the dome light fuse and found more than I was looking for. Never found the actual fuse, maybe it's in the under the hood fuse box. Not that important now.

B&T TJ
              Last edited by Black & Tan TJ; 07-13-05, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Scribbling furiously....

"read owners manual, get factory repair manual, annoy Rick with stupid questions constantly during rebuild. "

"and install a dome light under the dash... "

Last edited by USMC 0369; 07-13-05, 07:41 AM. Reason: add more nonsense
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

since the first summer here in buffalo, ny with my wrangler, back in 2001 ive simply pulled that fuse and never replaced it. i read the owners manual cover to cover when i first got my jeep and i learned quite a bit. i was surprised to see/hear about problems with springs , alt. switches ect to defeat the door switch. at most 30 seconds it takes..and the majority of that time is lineing up the stock golve box to fit correctly. also check out defeating "clutch lock out" the fuse is the one marked "auto trans, see ownrs man." pop a 20 in there and forget havin to push in that clutch in a mud hole.....just dont forget it when youre between csars and simply start in gear...ouch
                  Neil

FOR SALE: 01 TJ Sport
                  5 spd, 4in skyjacker, 33mt/rs, detroit rear, lock-rite front, 4.56's, safari snorkel, yada yada yada, im broke

Comment

Working...
                  X