Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks - Remote Reservoir

As I understand it in a mono tube shock the Remote Reservoir is used to help dispate heat simply because it adds more volume (please correct me if I am wrong).

Now, my question is, since I am looking into new shocks is there any benefit to get shocks w/ Remote Reservoir in a DD that likes to see some rocks on the weekend?
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Originally posted by nagal
    As I understand it in a mono tube shock the Remote Reservoir is used to help dispate heat simply because it adds more volume (please correct me if I am wrong).

Now, my question is, since I am looking into new shocks is there any benefit to get shocks w/ Remote Reservoir in a DD that likes to see some rocks on the weekend?
    I'm no shock expert but I stayed at a holiday... no, I didn't even do that.

your right, the res is to reduce fade from overheating. mostly needed for higher speed applications. Not sure you would see any benifit. Not sure that I'm not totally wrong either. :yay:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
      I'm no shock expert but I stayed at a holiday... no, I didn't even do that.
      Now that some funny :poop:

[QUOTE=blkTJ]your right, the res is to reduce fade from overheating. mostly needed for higher speed applications. [QUOTE]

That what I was thinking also. I'll just save some money and not get ones with the reservoir. Thanks
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
      X