Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shock question

I have a 2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara. I am not sure how the stock shocks compare to some aftermarket ones.

Two questions:

1. What would be a good shock for 80 percent street and 20 percent off road?

2. A good steering stabilizer shock...

or do I just stick with the stock ones.

Thank you

Thats a very hard question to answer... mostly because it comes down to personal preference. I have read great things about all shock brands. My suggestion is to meet with others at a trail ride or get together, and see what they use, and take a ride if they don't mind.

Michael
    1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
    3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

I have the 9 way adjustable Rancho 9000's. They've served me pretty well, even when my Jeep was a daily driver. They do however come with a pretty price tag. Ive heard good things about the 5000's too.

HTH

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

If your suspension is still stock, Chris has some bilstiens that might work well for you. :yay:
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

5000s suck. Don't waste your money. Sarah might have some Bilsteins for sale also... If I ever get to working on the TJ that is...
          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

rancho 5000's are stiff, i think thet are similar to the pro comps just with a different sticker, i had the RS9000's and i hated them, when i checked the part number they were listed for a suburban, no wonder they were overly stiff. i really like my dotesch 3000's and at $32 a pop you cant beat that
            Carlos

92 YJ
            GO VEGAN!
            volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

Working...
            X