Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears, Tires, Wheels, making progress.

Just got off the phone w/Rob from Quadratec.com and he got me some good prices, tire carrier, steering box brace and wheels, (Cragar Soft 8's 15x8x4.0bs caps...). Should be here w/in a week or two.

I got tires yesterday from the riffleman (jmbrowning), he moved up to 35's and sold me his 33's, one of them never touched the ground, (spare tire) and all others in great shape, Goodyear MTR's 12.5x15x33.

Later today I'll get with the diff. guy to talk about the gear change. It's coming together. No lookin back now!

Cheers, B&T TJ

:yay:
    YAY
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
      :yay:
      YAY
      Chris,
      Got any of those fancy KluneV valve stems? If so send me a set. I will need stems (no seeds though).

B&T TJ

Comment

I think I sold them, and I dont think you want them either. Dont run one aginst a rock, you'll probably break it.

Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I think I sold them, and I dont think you want them either. Dont run one aginst a rock, you'll probably break it.

OK, I'll just get some rubbers.

B&T TJ

Comment

congrats Tom. Rob is a great guy to deal with, I'm sure you got a great deal. :yay:
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              congrats Tom. Rob is a great guy to deal with, I'm sure you got a great deal. :yay:
              Yes, yes and yes. He's also a fan of this site and many of the people here, Erik.

Thanks for the referral, B&T TJ

Comment

Hey Tom, what else do you need? Maybe some one has some stuff lying around.

Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

congrats on the upgrades...i would send the tire carrier back, unless your planning on up grading to 35's at some point. my tailgate with the stock mounts and my 33x12.50 mt/r are fine, made some spacers to move the third brake light and it works fine. i bought that "heavy duty" tire carrier from quadratec myself, but it doesn't fit, the tire bumps into the bumper and you can't close the tailgate. anyway...my two cents
                  Last edited by ylwrnglr01; 05-20-05, 01:34 PM.
                  Neil

FOR SALE: 01 TJ Sport
                  5 spd, 4in skyjacker, 33mt/rs, detroit rear, lock-rite front, 4.56's, safari snorkel, yada yada yada, im broke

Comment

Hey Tom, what else do you need? Maybe some one has some stuff lying around.

Thanks Chris,
                    I think I got most everything covered, tires, rims, carrier, steeringbox support (Currie of course). I hoping the factory lug nuts fit the Cragar soft 8's, stems I'll get when I get the tires mounted. I spoke with Frank at So. Bay Truck 4x4... the diff guy and he'll do teh job next week. He likes to use Dana Spicer gears first then he has a list of others he'll use if not available, I trust him. It won't be cheap but he'll do it correctly, he installed the OX a few years back, no problems yet.

As far as the carrier, yes maybe 35's down the road. I use a trail rack too that mount to the spare tire so any add support for me is good.

If it looks like I missed something let me know, thanks Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X