Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clocked Dana 300

I'm looking to clock my Dana 300. I'm using a 700r4 tranny and the driveshaft will hit the pan. I'm thinking of using a two piece drive shaft. Any other ideas?

I have a Novak ring on my dana 300, but I do not have a 700R.
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

The Novak ring will do the trick for clocking it, but with the 700r tranny it will definitely hit the pan. I've even considered raising the transfer, tranny and engine just to gain clearance without clocking but i'm not sure what that will do with my center of gravity

Comment

How about a small diameter drive line, like early Jeeps? Maybe a little less clocking? Out board springs and a wider axle with the diff farther out? Shift the whole power plant left?

You can't raise it much before it hits the body. Two piece may be the way to go. I have never had to do it.
        1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyCJ
          I'm looking to clock my Dana 300. I'm using a 700r4 tranny and the driveshaft will hit the pan. I'm thinking of using a two piece drive shaft. Any other ideas?
          Call Greg @ high-impact.net he's a wealth of usefull info and I seen to remember him doing a lot of 700r4 conversions :2:
          Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

I looked into doing the same thing with my sm420 and the D300.. IT was really a no go for me.. I have done trails like the hammers and places where a flat belly would have been nice.. I only really hit it once and that was just a scrape.

IF I could I would but it hasnt been an issue for me.

Comment

Working...
            X