Carlos

92 YJ
      GO VEGAN!
      volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

Found this:
        COT: Continuous output torque rating
        MOT: Maximum output torque rating
        Numbers from January edition of Fourwheeler, page 60.

Dana 35 rear axle COT: 870 MOT: 3480
        Dana 44 rear axle COT: 1100 MOT: 4460
        Ford 8.8 28spline COT: 1250 MOT: 4600
        Ford 8.8 31spline COT: 1360 MOT: 5100
        Dana60 semifloat COT: 1500 MOT: 5500
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I did a poll on the jeepforum and asked the question "of all of you who run with 35's, how many of you still have the stock D35. Amost half of them (about 60 respondants) still have the 35. Its not a scientific poll mind you, but it proves that you can do SOME wheeling with that combination. I did a swap to the 8.8. Check it out if you want on my site.
          S
          2000 TJ Sport, 3 spd auto
          4.5" RE LA, 35" MTR

Comment

Originally posted by ersatz
            also for people who hate the c clip they sale c clip eliminators,
            Which is only recommended for drag racing applications, not offroading. I'm don't know why but that's the no-rumor scoop on the c-clip eliminator for the 8.8.
            The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford
              Which is only recommended for drag racing applications, not offroading. I'm don't know why but that's the no-rumor scoop on the c-clip eliminator for the 8.8.
              They dont take to side loads well.
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Doesn't currie make something where they put 9" bearings and axle retainers on thus eliminating the c clip???
                1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...E.aspx?id=1906

Don't have one, not a Currie customer - just searching for Bendix King radio programming software so had the Google window open
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY
                  You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I agree that it is possible to upgrade a D35 to handle 37 inch tires but at what cost. You can take a 76 Cadillac and and chop the frame and ad a custom coil over suspension and custom tube frame and D60 axles and so on... but is a Cadillac the best starting point.

I think for the same money you can have a D44 axle under you vehicle as upgrading the D35. It is a better stronger axle and axle housing and no C clip... Why would you spend a 300,000 grand fixing up a double wide into a nice house when you can just buy a nicer house for the same money?

Just my thoughts... and I am so smart my D44 is sitting in the garage and im going wheelin' with my D35!
                    Scott Poliseno
                    www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

One of the things that makes the decision harder is that this is for a TJ. A lot more bracketry for the coils and arms than you have with leafs.

For a YJ/CJ it's pretty much a no brainer to rid yourself of the Dana 35/20 - takes longer to remove the axle than it does to make the new one ready.
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY
                      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4garage
                        I agree that it is possible to upgrade a D35 to handle 37 inch tires but at what cost. You can take a 76 Cadillac and and chop the frame and ad a custom coil over suspension and custom tube frame and D60 axles and so on... but is a Cadillac the best starting point.

I think for the same money you can have a D44 axle under you vehicle as upgrading the D35. It is a better stronger axle and axle housing and no C clip... Why would you spend a 300,000 grand fixing up a double wide into a nice house when you can just buy a nicer house for the same money?

Just my thoughts... and I am so smart my D44 is sitting in the garage and im going wheelin' with my D35!
                        Nobody said it would work with 37's. That is total stupidity trying to do that.
                        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4garage

Ya dude, agree with who? Nobody said anything about 37's... That's a whole nother ball game. Even 44's are smallish with 37's. You start breaking things that shouldn't break - like ball joints and ring gears....
                          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford
                            huh go figure i didnt know that
                            Carlos

92 YJ
                            GO VEGAN!
                            volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

I mentioned in my previous post I know someone who runs 37s on Super 35 kit and Super axle truss... I know first hand it can be done... It has cost him over 1500 in upgrades... Hmmm he could have bought a new axle for around that
                              Scott Poliseno
                              www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

4.56's and a 4 banger are still going to be a bit hard with 35's. I would suggest looking into a replacement rear axle (minimum) and 4.88's.

When I regeared my 4 banger, I went with 488's. I currently have 33's, and its a great combo. I'll be upgrading to 35's soon (gettin a super 35, beside the point) but I don't think I'll be keepin the 488's. Seems like anything bigger than 33" ( for a DD that is) is too much. I think it would be like 33's with stock gearing to run 488's with 35's. I think 513's may be alot more practical. Just my 2cents. If someone is runnin 35's on a 4 banger with 488's and still has 5th, let me know. It will save me some $$.
                                99' SE 5spd, lifted, locked F&R, 4.88's

Comment

Working...
                                X