Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can find them online now. But think about where you at and going to go, get a couple. Use the chart, it's pretty straight forward.

B&T TJ

Comment

All righty, then: I ordered my speedo gear (no, not a bathing suit ) this morning and is supposed to be in Sat. So we'll see what happens!

Jeri Lyn
      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
        Hey Dan

That link rocks! A one tool mod (ok, ok, two if you count the rag) is something I can probably handle. If I'd a known it was that simple, I would have done it a long time ago. Instead, I have now racked up many "phantom" miles. Oh well.

Jeri Lyn
        :beer:
        [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
        In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

All rightey then! Got the gear this morning, and changed it out in 10 minutes or so. Now when I'm zooming down the road, I'll know I really AM doing 80mph.

Comment

wow i dont get it so much about a speedo gear why not just say well officer i really dont know, ok for real now how do you go about figuring which way to go with the gear or should i wait till after i regear i swear i must be loosing it i am having trouble changing my own oil. i must be getting old
            im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
            4 inch rough country lift
            35x12.5LT16's
            super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

Originally posted by drivenhardse
              wow i dont get it so much about a speedo gear why not just say well officer i really dont know, ok for real now how do you go about figuring which way to go with the gear or should i wait till after i regear i swear i must be loosing it i am having trouble changing my own oil. i must be getting old
              Dan (D4X4FISH) posted this great link - www.4x4xplor.com/speedo.html - that gives all the info: which gear to buy, part number, how to change it. My gear cost $14 from the local dealer and I had it the next day. HOWEVER, when I went to order different gear for a friends jeep that has 3:07 gearing and 31" tires, that gear is no longer available. Just FYI.

So if you wanted to change the gear now, and then do it again when you've regeared, it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. (I'm guessing you already have larger tires).

Jeri Lyn

Comment

Working...
              X