Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will a 33x12.50 fit my rims

WILL A 33x12.50 FIT ON MY RUBICON WHEELS?

yes, as long as they're 305/70r16. you will also need to adjust steering stops and/or use wheel spacers since stock back spacing was never meant to run 12.5" wide tires.

may i suggest 285/75r16 which are a tad bitt taller and 11.5" wide.
    Last edited by blkTJ; 12-31-04, 08:01 PM.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

ok i know all of you say that the stock rubi wheels will not run a 12.5 but as soon as i can ill get pics up i am running 35x12.5 lt 16s swampers on my stock wheels with no back spacing no rub not noise from the rear the only thing i am having is the tires rubbin the lower control arm on the front at full lock just thought i would say.
      im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
      4 inch rough country lift
      35x12.5LT16's
      super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

Originally posted by drivenhardse
        the only thing i am having is the tires rubbin the lower control arm on the front at full lock just thought i would say.
        I never said they wouldn't work, just that something like that would happen.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Even the 285/75R16's are not really suitable for the moab wheels (stock rubicon wheels). You will need to either run spacers, or adjust the steering stops to keep the tire off of the brake line on the drivers side while in a hard left turn with the tire stuffed hard (trust me on this one......).
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Rubicon wheels have too much backspacing for a 12.5" wide tire, they will rub like crazy on the upper rear spring perch and the front control arms. You need aftermarket wheels which usually have less backspacing in order to run that wide of a tire.
            The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

these rims are on my 1999 Xj and they allready stick out alot further then my stock ones did.

Comment

You may also see problems with sidewalls rubbing in the rear when you are aired down to trail pressure.
                Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Working...
                X