Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handy info I've found lately

I have Brown Dog poly motor mounts & recently found the driver's side poly bushings were giving up the ghost. On a lark I tried the poly bushings from the frame side of a YJ leaf spring (out of a Rancho leaf pack). It's a perfect fit. The same poly bushings are available from either Daystar or Poly Performance.

I picked up a Detroit Truetrac for a non-Rubicon JK rear 44. It's 30 spline & made for thick cut gears (like TJ Rubicon 4.10's). Anything I have been able to find online states a 32" maximum tire diameter. I called Eaton to verify this and the rep at Detroit locker looked it up by part number and said it is 38". I'm still grinning...
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Another handy thing is addressing death wobble on our JKU. It started years ago at about 30K miles. The first thing I did was install Synergy ball joints. It disappeared for a year or so. It returned right as our stock set of tires neared the wear bars. New tires & balance eliminated it again. About a year or so later it came back. I installed Energy Suspension poly bushings in the front panhard bar. It stayed away for a few months and then came back - only at 65MPH. Any lower or higher speed managed to avoid it. The slightest road surface disturbance predictably drove it straight into full-on death wobble. This time I adjusted the toe. I adjusted the nut/adjuster on the tie rod one full turn toward toe out. This made a huge difference. Now speed and road conditions don't even start to induce a wobble.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
    X