Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife doesn't like em. She wants all black wheels. What size lift are you on in those pics?

Comment

Well I got the yj home today. It over heated on the way up the pass a few times but I got her home. I'm going to put in a new water pump and t stat. Probably a new fan clutch as well. Thinking about the zj hd fan clutch from napa as it works well in the xj with a 4.0. I definitely need new seats. And I need some seat belts too. The rear mains leafs are busted so it's sagging ass. I will be ordering a new soft top and 4 inch lift. I yanked out the nasty carpet that was in there and gave the whole jeep a bath. Inside and out. I'm going to rhino line the inside of the tub for simplicity. But overall the jeep is very clean. It needs some tlc but in a week or so I think it will be a very nice looking and reliable yj. Only question I have is how are yjs as far as cooling goes. xj's are a pain in the arse to keep them from overheating. Will I have this issue with the yj. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.

Rhino line tub
      Get new seats and seat belts
      New soft top
      4 inch lift
      Replace water pump, t sat, fan clutch hose and new heater core old one is bad and already bypassed
      Turn signal switch
      And normal tune up items like fluids, spark plugs, air filter, etc.

If anyone has any of this stuff I would much rather help a fellow jeeper get stuff out of their garage rather than give eBay money. Any advice as far as any other thing to look for would be great. This jeep is a little bad ass. It gets up and goes even with needing some work. I can't wait to fix it up and hand it over to the wife. Gonna be a fun ride as far as I can tell.

Comment

Let's see some pics of the Jeep!

I have one of my seats left... I doubt your wife wants mix and matching seats. No worries about the wheels. However... for a set of 5 for $250... you can powdercoat them black. They are 17" too.

As far as overheating... welcome to my world right now. I have a slightly different set up however I have done almost everything you have done (see Stroker overheating thread). Mine is in the shop now while I am traveling for a few weeks.

As far as parts... if you want new... just email Steve over at brothers once you find the part numbers you want... tell them you are a friend of mine (Brett) and they will give you a great price. I have donated a few dollars to their shop to say the least so they provide me great pricing on parts.

Seats.. I put in the Corbeau Baja XRS.. I love them. They are super comfy and look great too! Here are some pics from Google Images: https://www.google.com/search?site=i...43.yCxzI6F2JpU

The soft top you get depends on the doors you run.... think about that before you buy one. IF you find full doors you will want one top... if you keep the half doors you will want another. I am on my second Rampage top now. You can buy one from brothers or amazon prime with top and hardware (tinted windows) for $430 or so. Maybe even a better deal from Steve at brothers.

steve@brothers4x4.com

MY YJ has has a whole coil conversion. You don't want to follow me down that rabbit hole! hahah. IF you wanted to put new carpet in to keep the YJ more "refined" for your wife... you can put some heat shield down and then a new carpet on top. I think I found a brand new carpet kit for around $125 or so last year.

Best of luck and I do like your guages!

B
        Last edited by vwtipeii; 06-02-14, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I have my 2 year old dual row aluminum radiator too if you need one. It works fine. I will let it go cheap.

Comment

The guages in the pic aren't mine. They are just a pic i used to show how my controls for the ac is set up. I have had brothers do work for me as well.

Comment

Here's some pics as of today it should change faces in a week or so.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Does anyone know of any easy way to post pics from a smart phone? I had to take the pic with my phone upload to photo bucket then get my I pad and open 2 windows to copy and paste from p.b. To mjr. There's got to be an easier way.

Comment

I was out driving the Jeep the other day and some guy approached me about have a soft top with new door skins for a YJ looking to sell it. He doesn't even own a Jeep. I couldn't use it but I have his number. I can contact him for you if you wish. The door skins where black if I recall.

Comment

im going to order a new one. that way i know its in good condition and i wont have to screw with it. cant wait to tear into this thing

Comment

Well I've been pretty busy with this. All new cooling system... Fan clutch, water pump, tstat and housing, hoses etc. I pulled the intake and exhaust manifolds to weld up a crack. The throttle body and the intake were insane filthy. Reinstalled with all new gaskets. Got the 4.5 lift in the mail that will go on this weekend as well as bedlining the inside of the tub. I went to change out the heater core and noticed all the flappers were jacked up so I ordered a whole new heater box plenum for it. I need to replace the turn signal switch which I have. And then order a new soft top. I'm still looking for some seats and seat belts so if anyone has or knows something please let me know. J.e.e.p.

Comment

how bad was the heater core replacement? Haik doesn't want to do it..lol.

Comment

'cause I think you have to pull the dash out.

Comment

You don't pull the dash. You have to pull the whole heater box assembly out from under the dash. I'll be as polite as I can about it, it sucks. The hardest part is laying on your back over the door opening in the tub. The best way to do it is with the passenger seat and the back seat pulled out with the voids in the floor filled with blankets to keep from making your chiropractor unnecessarily wealthy.
                                God forgives, rocks don't
                                -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                                X