Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currie steering system installed!!! With ease

Wasn't bad. Most of the work is removing the old stuff, my Jeep has approx. 21,000 so things hadn't rusted in.
    If you'd been on the fence about buying this system "Just Do It" I'm not a rep. just a wheeler who like's it tight, done right. If I'd seen a post like this a year ago I'd been sold then. This system or what is does is almost as good or a necessity as the SYE & shaft is to the rear diff., brings you back to a stock reference, or very close (wished I'd had stock pic's). I have a Rubicon Express 4.5" lift, the Currie kit is for a 2 to 6" lifted vehicles.

If a picture tell a thousand words...

Before Currie

Stock draglink with a Skyjacker HD tie-rod

After Currie install, look at the tie-rod angle with the draglink & the diff. Better!

(I posted a thread questioning this in this forum dated 6-30-04)

Right/Pass. side closer view

Wheel max turned, clearance good but close. I may put an angle zerk on this joint before it does me in.

Yeah it's good! My stock stuff use to hit here no matter what I did (dif. angles...) This is good!!!

Definitly one of the better mod one can do to a lifted Jeep.

Brian4.2, you'll know what I mean soon. Soak you rod ends with what ever as long as possible. I used Jerry's advice and just smacked the ends squarely a few time and they popped off except for the pitman end, had to use the pickle fork, goodbye boot. After all that all cleaned up and ready to install it was done that quick. I took my time but 2 hours is generous, I'm just very slow.
    I'm still running 31"s & 3:73, so when it's time to upgrade I'm good to go.

Confidence, priceless, B&T TJ

looks good, congrats.:yay: you might need a bit more clearance though, things change when you flex.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Heh, that's the cleanest suspension I've seen outside of a new Jeep dealer's showroom. Congrats Tom, that beefy setup will serve you well over the toughest trails you'll likely ever find yourself on! :thumbs_up
      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford
        Heh, that's the cleanest suspension I've seen outside of a new Jeep dealer's showroom. Congrats Tom, that beefy setup will serve you well over the toughest trails you'll likely ever find yourself on! :thumbs_up
        Thanks, I take pride in keeping it clean. I'll spend as much time under it as I do above cleaning after wheelin'. I had it almost 3 years now with only 3 more payments, after that I'll still keep it clean, it's just me. I also wheel with the windoas up and A/C on recycle keeping the dust out. I've gotton a ot of ribbing for that "Your not hard core" yeah but I'm a happy Jeeper!

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

Nice, I put mine on tonite. Hey I smell spray paint.

Comment

Working...
          X