Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I flat tow mine with a Spartan in the front and have never experienced the "right turn Clyde" issue. Tracks perfectly behind my truck.
    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

X2 on what Art has stated. The YJs had a different setup for flat towing, you HAD to disconnect the drive shafts on them for a safe flat tow. The newer Jeeps are better equipped for a flat tow from what I recall reading in the owners guides for each one (we've debated on flat towing with the XTerra). The YJ in neutral causes everything to spin together, while the newer rigs allow them to freewheel. I know I'm late to the mix here, and have no personal experience, but that is what I've read.
      USMC F&AM

Comment

Thanks for all the inputs. Towed the XJ locked front and rear to Bullfrog with no problems. When I towed it back home on Sunday evening I noticed the driver side Spicer Joint that holds the U-Joints together had given out at the bearing cap and there was gear oil all over the tire. I'm assuming too much pressure might have been applied to the slight turns through dirt road because I towed the XJ to our campsite right in front of Hammerdown. No biggie. We'll look into it. Hammerdown at night was a blast too even though I flopped my Jeep. Nobody got hurt. We uprighted the TJ, removed the plugs, cranked it a few times and continued with the trail. Hood is a little bent but we took it to HammerDown Body Shop next day

For some strange reason I went reverse right here and the Jeep did a slow motion kapluyi.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

So your Jeep is officially trail rated now and welcome to the floppers club lol

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            So your Jeep is officially trail rated now and welcome to the floppers club lol
            Do I get a sticker

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

No, but if you stay at it the TJ will start looking like your bud's XJ lol. I like the black rattlecan job, hammered and painted on the spot.
              Khoren is the man

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                the black rattlecan job, hammered and painted on the spot.
                That is your trail rated "sticker".
                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                X