Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DevilDogDoc View Post
    I apologize, you must either have a magic Jeep that the rules don't apply to or you don't realize that the wheel whipping around when you hit a bump is not normal. Or you have the drop bracket to match the pitman arm. Either way good luck with the Jeep!
    Tis the season for more rum in the eggnog... It'll get you through your cynicism... Hope you get the new attitude you've been wanting. J/K (some people are just VERY passionate about their jeeps I guess. )

Take the jeep out, hit a large dip or speed bump and see what your wheel does w/o you correcting or holding it. If nothing youve got the golden setup.... MERRY XMAS YAWW!!!
    :whip::fire:
    Last edited by brokenujoint; 12-24-12, 07:19 PM.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

In the picture he posted, is that not a dropped TB bracket?
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
        In the picture he posted, is that not a dropped TB bracket?
        I have to eat my words, my apologies... that is indeed a dropped trackbar bracket. That does indeed require a dropped Pitman arm. How the blankety-blank did I miss that. My apologies.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

As I said in the first place if there is a matching tracbar bracket than all is well...
          An ugly Jeep with some stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDogDoc View Post
            As I said in the first place if there is a matching tracbar bracket than all is well...
            For somebody that doesn't do a lot of Jeeping you seem to think you know a heck of a lot about them.
            If it works for him what does it matter what pitman arm he uses, I use a Astro van pitman arm and I am as happy as a hog in a mudpuddle
            Last edited by aw12345; 12-24-12, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              For somebody that doesn't do a lot of Jeeping you seem to think you know a heck of a lot about them.
              If it works for him what does it matter what pitman arm he uses, I use a Astro van pitman arm and I am as happy as a hog in a mudpuddle
              I'm so reassured that you know how much jeeping I do and how much I know. I will keep my comments about things that are common knowledge from here on out....
              An ugly Jeep with some stuff.....

Comment

Thank you

By the way

May we all do many more of these

Comment

what if you are running a stock pitman with a dropped track bar bracket ?
                  You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

My biggest gripe with dropped pitman arms is this

Personally have seen 3 of them break in the last 18 months or so, that's a pretty bad number in my book

To be honest dropped pitman arm or not, or a raised bracket for the trackbar, nothing is going to fix the difference in length between the trackbar and the drag link which is close to 4"

Comment

Working...
                    X