Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
    Has that light come back on since you removed the "billet" grill crap?
    LG
    I dont have the Billet stuff and it still overheated even in the stock rubicon form with stock bumpers and 32 bfg's
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Has that light come back on since you removed the "billet" grill crap?
      LG
      I shoudl find out soon. I have not hit the dirt yet and my rear shocks will not come in until Monday afternoon so i will not hit dirt till next weekend. I will keep you posted.
      [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

I would go with what dr.dirty used, it cures two problems.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
          I dont have the Billet stuff and it still overheated even in the stock rubicon form with stock bumpers and 32 bfg's
          Baby steps.......LOL.
          Did like your set up better than the OEM.
          Wonder if there is room for some type of fan that could be used on the OEM T/cooler??
          LG
          Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Had the B&M tranny cooler installed. Lot larger than the factory one shown in this thread. Haven't had a problem since.

When you are off road, going up steep grades for a long time 4wlo is recommended. Locks the torque convertor, preventing the constant shifting that creates the overheat condition.

Comment

I installed a very complete Wrangler-specific Derale automatic transmission cooler kit several months ago into my TJ and I don't see why it couldn't also be installed into your JK. It has a thermostatic switch that turns its fan on at 180 degrees which is well before where the ATF could start getting burned from excessive heat.

Check the writeup out at http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ke...ooler-1260191/

Available for under $300 from several online stores, it is more than competitively priced with Mopar's kit which does not include a fan.
              Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 08-11-12, 11:24 AM.
              The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Jerry, that IS the kit I would buy if I needed one.
                The only issue I would see using that kit is being covered with mud.
                LG

Comment

Jerry, that IS the kit I would buy if I needed one.
                  The only issue I would see using that kit is being covered with mud.
                  LG
                  Lumpy you're in Palmdale/SOCAL/desert, same as me. Where would you or the OP wheel around here where mud is ever a problem lol? The only time I have wheeled in mud was when Blaine J. & I rescued a few kids in their parents Jeeps that got mired in 2' deep mud in a rained out new housing tract. I will NEVER purposely wheel in mud again.
                  The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

There is plenty after a good rain or snow here.
                    I've 'wheeled' all over the western USA and mud is/can be an issue. BTDT
                    LG

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
                      if it aint one thing it is another...
                      The montra of a jeep owner.
                      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                      X