Clear All

ok how about...
    Currie rockjock 60's
    Front:
    3" tubes thick wall
    no brackets
    air locker
    any ratio
    complete JK big brakes (must have 17" rims)
    5x5.5 rims
    full one ton outers
    35" inners/outers
    warn prem hubs or drive slugs
    any size ujoint yoke
    cover
    6300$ assembled ready for mounts and paint.

Rear is much easier.
    11" disk kit
    35sp
    5x5.5 bolt pattern
    yoke
    cover
    air locker
    any ratio
    $3770

See not to bad lol
    just over $10K OTD. And thats with discounting like 15% off what curries total is if you went direct. :-)
    *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Not bad eh, I built a Jeep with a Dana 60 in front a 14 bolt in the rear geared to my liking, ARB's front and rear, tires, beadlocks.
      Atlas transfercase, all steel and aluminum to built this thing. The Jeep, the onboard air for 11.500, all the Currie JJ's.
      Might have spend a bit more money on it since, but the basic project from start to wheelin came out to what is posted above including the Jeep.
      Seems to me that your axle deal is a tad pricey regardless of you having the best price on it. Nice axles for sure, but out of the budget for a lot of folks. There are cheaper ways to get strong axles if you can do some searching, digging and building.
      For the peeps with money that don't like to get their hands dirty, I'll be sure to pass your phone or web link along.
      Last edited by aw12345; 05-30-12, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I agree, very pricey. But I would say, 1/2 the jeepers out there would nto where to start, nor do they care to. You are likely thinking of the typical, get your hands durty and build it type person. When in fact the JK crowd is the most needed group of Jeepers that Need a D60, due to the typical fitment of the 37 to 40" tires with only 4-5.5" of lift needed.

The typical JK owner does Not want to waste 3-10 hours at numerous junk yards, and days online gathering info that they really dont know what is true or not (lots of false tech on these forums), then hours trying to buy this exact item or that. Then get a bogus item here or there, only to have to build it them selves.

When All they have to do is read a JK forum as to what axle is working best for joe shmoe, and that to call around to find the best price on it. Then they call me and just order a nice new clean, no questions as to if this or that is right, ready to bolt in by thier buddy that has a killer set of tools axle(s) :-)

Not to mention your axles would not work in a JK (brackets, speed sensors, wheels, etc) without adding alot more work and items, bringing the cost up close to just new correct ones.
        *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

The electronic stuff that's on the stock JK's doesn't work very well to begin with so to claim it's going to be golden on the axles you sell is a reach. Like I said the crowd with money gets your phone or web address from me or did you forget to read that.
          30.000 plus for a JK and then another 10K for axles and another 2-3K for tires and wheels is way out of my hobby budget.
          Not saying that if you have the coin to not flaunt it. I and quite a few others have to take another route and actually enjoy doing that.

Comment

Both viewpoints have merit. If you have the coin and this hobby/sport is where you want to spend it, it is a hell of a lot easier to pay someone else. I started wheeling with so little experience that I HAD to pay for the improvements. What I found was that the more I played on the trails, the more money I kept dropping. After a while, I had to learn to fab and build out of financial necessity more than desire.

If I knew then what I know now... wow, the rig I'd be driving would be quite different. But that's what this thread is all about isn't it. Get opinions and advice before you drop the cash.
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Deals definitely can be found if you're patient (or lucky).

I think I got a pretty good deal on my Rubi D44 -- It came from a 2012 with 2500 miles on it. Had never been taken off road, locker only turned on once. I paid $1500 + shipping for it. Shipping wasn't exactly cheap though. Previous owner got a PR44.

Then got a good deal on the install from a local shop in Yucaipa -- JPI. I've gone wheeling with the owner (Stan) a few times.

I'd love to get the chance to learn how to do this stuff myself. Would definitely save a lot of money on past and future mods. I might try to install my own bumper or something like that, but leaving an axle swap to a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by suicideking View Post
                I'd love to get the chance to learn how to do this stuff myself. Would definitely save a lot of money on past and future mods. I might try to install my own bumper or something like that, but leaving an axle swap to a pro.
                An axle swap is easier than you might think. The trickier stuff comes when you crack open the diff to do gear changes. I still look for an experienced person to help or to pay to do it for me. Someday, I'll learn that part. I do at least have a comfort level with pulling the carrier and putting it back with no changes to the gears. Having lockers, this comes in handy.
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X